What's the name of this twist fold

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...

What's the name of this twist fold

Postby Brimstone » September 22nd, 2018, 7:49 pm

Most of us are familiar with the square twist found in several model most notably Kawasaky's Rose. But there is another square twist that is not as common in which the twist gets hidden beneath a layer of paper as illustrated in the picture. Does anyone know if there's a name for such a twist?
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: November 23rd, 2004, 3:59 am
Location: Colombia, South America

Re: What's the name of this twist fold

Postby Baltorigamist » September 24th, 2018, 12:32 am

I don't believe there's a specific name for it. I would just call it a half-sunken square twist.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Posts: 2165
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Location: Inside my twisted little mind....

Re: What's the name of this twist fold

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » September 24th, 2018, 12:36 am

I'm pretty sure that that type of twist can be tessellated into a brick tessellation.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/infinite- ... 2249243993
Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theplantpsychologist/

Gallery of my own designs (and cps): https://goo.gl/CtdVzv

Another gallery of my efforts at photography: https://goo.gl/dnpg6R
Senior Member
Posts: 367
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Return to General Origami Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests