Folding letters?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
suntailhawk

Folding letters?

Post by suntailhawk »

Hi guys, I'm looking for some ways to "fold" letters onto a piece of paper. Can someone please help me out?
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Do you mean fold a letter out of paper?
I know Jermy Shafer has a few letter folds in his book Origam to Astonish and Amuse.
And try the http://www.origamidatabase.com/
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
suntailhawk

Post by suntailhawk »

Ok, let me reword that. As a way to support my favorite music band "Simple Plan". I'm trying to create an origami model with the letters "SP" on it. And I want to be able to fold it out of a single piece of paper. And it will be nice if I am able to incorperate it letters on some traditional model. For example: A paper crean with the letters "SP" on its wings. :P
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

One possible way to create letters on a square would be to create long box-pleated flaps at two of the corners (for two letters) and crimp them several times to form the letters (shouldn't be too hard for S and P).
Then with this square you could fold any model you like. You only have to check that the letters are at the right position on the final model.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
suntailhawk

Post by suntailhawk »

Daydreamer wrote:One possible way to create letters on a square would be to create long box-pleated flaps at two of the corners (for two letters) and crimp them several times to form the letters (shouldn't be too hard for S and P).
Then with this square you could fold any model you like. You only have to check that the letters are at the right position on the final model.
Sounds like a good idea. However, I'm not familiar with box pleats, mind providing some infos on that? Thanks :D
gila o

Post by gila o »

You can find diagrams for creating letters from a square in origami club.Look at ALPHABET.
http://www.origami-club.com/en/