Buying paper

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Wordgames

Buying paper

Post by Wordgames »

Well Im nearly out of stock of the Koma 35cm paper I imported about 4 years ago and since Ive been using the larger paper recently I could use some more.

Does anyone know of a retailer in the UK that sells good origami paper of this size or larger(upto 50cm) that can take orders via the internet?

(If anyone knows of a shop near to Newcastle that sells suitable supplies Id love to hear of it).
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

the only good paper suplyer based in the uk that i know of does internet orders is roze.co.uk i dont know hwat sizes they do but im shaw if you email them they could probably get you any size hope this helps
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

I'll have a look at that thanks :)
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

It seems that the largest papers to be found in the UK are the 30cm ones at BOS, once I run out of 12" I will order some from there, seems the days of 15" are pretty much over now so I better save the last 2 sheets for a special project.

The larger stuff at Rozes is very expensive indeed... and its not even square!

(growls 64-49 craft paper, and they even threaten to fold it into an A4 envelope!)

(Anyone know what happened to Fascinating Folds?)
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

Sos :)
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Bren closed down Fascinating Folds several years ago.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

A shame, thats where I use to get most of my paper from.

It seems that Kims Crane still sells 35cm sheets, $10 a pop but with a minimum order of $50, a minimum P&P of 50% plus $7.50 and the harshest cavet emptor international sales policy around (though I understand why)... I think I may give it a month on payday then order 5 packs which should tide me over for quite a while.