No Tanteidan Convetion 2021?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
bethnor
Buddha

No Tanteidan Convetion 2021?

Post by bethnor »

i don't remember seeing an announcement asking for models. so i assume there's no tanteidan again this year?
Kabuntan

Re: No Tanteidan Convetion 2021?

Post by Kabuntan »

It is reported to November, as a remote Zoom convention.
Link to official webpage.

Call to diagrams is on the page too, but still in Japanese (the first paragraph after the pink/purple zone, headed「折り図募集中」).
I haven't found an English page, maybe it will come later?
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

thanks for the info. it's a great opportunity, but sadly it's on thanksgiving weekend in the US.
shehab hazem

Post by shehab hazem »

I don't need to talk Japanese right
P.s sorry for the stupid questions
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

shehab hazem wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:24 pm I don't need to talk Japanese right
If it is like regular conventions (and it should be, apart from the remote thing), many classes attended by foreigners have either the teacher explaining both in Japanese and in English, or an English-speaking assistant (if the teacher doesn't speak English).

Also, as each fold is demonstrated, it is usually quite easy to follow even without understanding the spoken instructions (granted, some difficult, unconventional steps might be hard, but that goes for native speakers too, so the teacher should explain carefully anyway).

If you can follow tutorial videos in a foreign language without problem, I think you should be good.
shehab hazem

Post by shehab hazem »

Kabuntan wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 12:14 pm
shehab hazem wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:24 pm I don't need to talk Japanese right
If it is like regular conventions (and it should be, apart from the remote thing), many classes attended by foreigners have either the teacher explaining both in Japanese and in English, or an English-speaking assistant (if the teacher doesn't speak English).

Also, as each fold is demonstrated, it is usually quite easy to follow even without understanding the spoken instructions (granted, some difficult, unconventional steps might be hard, but that goes for native speakers too, so the teacher should explain carefully anyway).

If you can follow tutorial videos in a foreign language without problem, I think you should be good.
is this convention only for folding like they dont have any lectures or origami design classes .
shehab hazem

Post by shehab hazem »

oh and about those convention books I have some good designs that I would like to share I coudnt find any links in the link you sent
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

shehab hazem wrote: August 28th, 2021, 8:28 amis this convention only for folding like they dont have any lectures or origami design classes .
There will be lectures as well as folding classes, and a "break room" for free chat. I don't know about design class though.
shehab hazem wrote: August 28th, 2021, 8:31 amoh and about those convention books I have some good designs that I would like to share I coudnt find any links in the link you sent
They are collecting diagrams for a convention book.
You should contact them for more details (I'm not a JOAS team member), by using the form on previously linked page, or sending them a message at convention at origami dot jp (English is OK).