Hardest Memorized Model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Friet

Post by Friet »

The most difficult one I have memorized is Anibal Voyer's horse. I've folded it dozens of times, it's the awesomestest model ever! hooray!

Another model which is nice to have memorized is the bird base rose. It only takes one or two minutes to fold and it looks pretty nice.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Friet wrote: Another model which is nice to have memorized is the bird base rose. It only takes one or two minutes to fold and it looks pretty nice.
By the way, when do we get the pictures of how to make it?
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Hardest moldel I have memorized is Robert Lang's Black devil Angeler (In Origami Sea Life). Aside from that, Kawasaki Rose rose, Eric Joisel's rat (A cool model). And of course all the little things that are not hard. :)
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
gubeauss

Post by gubeauss »

These last months, I started getting really bored at school and I could there fold Kawahata's yoda, Robert Lang's praying mantis, Jun Maekawa's devil, and Hugo Pereira's triceratops.
The model I folded the most was the yoda, because it is very appreciated, nice to fold and can be done with a small square, so that the teachers couldn't see me :wink: .
increddibelly

Post by increddibelly »

John Montroll's Beetle (the one that starts by folding a sqaure into 3x3 squares) and his Dragon in flight (although I never seem to get the feet right)
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

Charles what's-his-last-name's Dragon in Flight. I've folded a couple at school, including my variation, a baby dragon (it's not really all that difficult; you just fold the edges of the paper two-thirds down in the beginning, thus making a dragon with larger head and a shorter neck and tail).
EuanBingham

Post by EuanBingham »

Um.. The Crane.

Euan
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

I was able to fold Marc Kirschenbaum's Fluffy by heart once, but that's been a while ago already.

At the moment the hardest model I can fold by heart is probably Robert J. Lang's Murex from Origami Sea Life which is not that hard really.
I was able to fold it without instructions after folding it two times, it got a very nice memorable folding sequence :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Wu's eastern dragon was for a long time hardest model which I could fold from memory. Now it can be his sus scrofa, but eastern dragon is maybe still more complicated. But for sus scrofa is not a diagram so I shift this model to the first place.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

After struggling a number times before getting it right, I guess I can say I know Robert Lang's Tarantula (from Origami Insects II) by heart. :D

I've also memorized Lang's Tree Frog....