Most Complex Model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
mochiking

Most Complex Model

Post by mochiking »

What do you guys think is the most complex model out there? Ryu-zin? Black Forest Cuckoo Clock?
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Black Forest Cuckoo Clock is box-pleating. So it is not hard to fold. Only cost a lot of time... One my origami colleague told me: one day draw lines, one day fold creases, one day fold clocks...

I thing it is hard to say, which model is most complex. (some philosophizing now...) You could divide the difficulty of models at least in two cases: models, which are complex in essence, I mean very detail (ancient dragon) and patterned models (tessalations or karp koi) or complicated models (ninja shadow). These models ussualy (of course not all!) have very accurate folding sequence and they are not hard to fold in real but only one need a lot of time to fold it (and a lot of frustration). On the other hand exist more simple models on first view but which are almost impossible to fold it similar to their creator. I tried to fold witch on broom of R. Harbrin. It has 17 steps and look very easy. But it is really very hard to folt it. This is real "challenge", fold Harbin's witch ten times in the same shape. Not make night hunter from CP.

So, if I must choise model I write model which have something from both cases. Someone here posted that models of Hojyo Takashi are hard due to hard fold it perfect and compared it with work of Akira Yoshizawa. So maybe something of his models -- god of thunder. Also someone told about ancient dragon which is relatively easy to fold but very hard to fold well. And if I will choise from model which I know I probably choise stegosaurus of Fumiaki Kawahata or some beattle of Seiji Nishikawa.

my rough possibilities
god of thunder, Hojyo Takashi
Ancient dragon, Satoshi Kamiya
stegosaurus, Fumiaki Kawahata
beattle, Seiji Nishikawa
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

I'd go with just about anything unpublished by Eric Joisel, for all categories that you mentioned.
adams chen

Post by adams chen »

I think Shibaraku (Hojyo Takashi) is super complex model!
Virgo Shaka