Predator

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Nice predator Aznman, a little bit crumpled, but... :wink: And nice IKEA bed-clothes. :lol:
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Thanks! It is an honor to have a model praised by you! :)

Here is my revision, Predator 2
Yes, I like by Ikea sheets :P
Who will win?

I am mostly pleased with this model. The hand do need to be longer, and the hair seems to be coming out of his neck rather than from his head :oops: The wepons came about because I had extra room in the CP.
The CP can be found Here
Zerobar: ever fold you CP? How did it turn out?
Last edited by Aznman on September 23rd, 2006, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

By the way, if anyone wants to try and fold this CP, I can post pictures of the finished base, and some of the intermidiet steps.
Flickr Photos
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

I like the revisions to your predator. It looks really good with the blades. Did you use the picture of the action figure as a referrence?

I tried my cp, but I found out quickly, that dividing a half a page by eleven does not work out well. I pretty much settled on a multipiece model, just for simplicities sake, and I wanted a little more detail, than I could have put into a single piece model. If I do try and make a one piece predator, in the future, it will probably be off a different cp, unless I cut a sheet 22 inches across, which I cannot currently do with the size of foil and tissue paper that I have.

I did complete the head for my final model, but I haven't been able to get a digital camera to upload the pictures, yet. I'll probably have them up tomorrow. I completed design of the arms, legs and torso, but my current choice in paper didn't yield results I like (single ply tissue foil is too crumply for my taste), so I'm going to buy some tissue paper that's silver tomorrow, and laminate it into sheets that I'll use.

I am quite pleased with the head, I can try and post a cp of it tomorrow. I believe that it should be possible to incorporate it into a single piece model, but I want to get a multipiece that looks good, first.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Lookin' good, Aznman :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Thanks.

No, I used the picture Cupcake posted. I saw a cuple blades on the arm so I incorparated them (I also had extra paper :) ). I just now looked at the action figures and they would be excelent starting places. I noticed there are many different types of predators, not just one.....I think mine is more of a celtic predator.

I would love to see your finished head, it sounds good. As for incorerating it into a single piece model, sounds like a good idea...

Keep folding.
Flickr Photos
zerobar

Head

Post by zerobar »

Well, the picture might not be the greatest, and I couldn't get a closer shot, without it going out of focus, but here's a picture of the finished head.

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/ ... 0_0047.jpg[/img]

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I haven't made a cp for it yet, but I might do it tomorrow or tonight if I have time. Today I'm going to work on the rest of the body. I'll try and finish it up quickly, so I can have pictures up right away.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

nice one man, i like how relatively simple your head looks...too much detail is weird sometimes
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

Thanks, I found that having less points on the head actually looked better than trying to squeeze as many in as possible. I've always had the stance that it's better to have accurate form than massive detail. If the two collide, then great, but in this case, I chose form.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

NICE!!
Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Aznman wrote: Here is my revision, Predator 2
I think the previous version is better due to color-changed "plate-skirt". But this version has some weapons and color-changed helmet. So it is hard to say...
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Nice! Now all you need is a body :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
zerobar

Post by zerobar »

I think I may have to re do the head, since it seems to be a bit large, in relation to the other body parts. I've got the design down, though, so I'm not to worried. I'm still seeing if I can maybe make some things a bit more detailed on the body, so I might not have the thing done, for a little while.

I found this, while searching for pictures of the predator. Kinda similarly related.

http://alienlovespredator.com/index.php?id=1

Pretty funny webcomic, wherein the alien and the predator are roomates in New York.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Zerobar, what references are you using?
I was originally trying to design something based on the celtic predator, but noticed that the whole head would be silver becuase of the helmet and mask... Your face looks really good, although, since the head is pretty big, you might wat to add a few more dreadlocks (since the real predators have 20 million coming out of their heads). Any chance of getting the CP for it? it would be fun incorperating this into a one piece model.
Flickr Photos
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

20 million dreadlocks? I'd estimate about 30... :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs