Most frustrating fold ?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
shawn

Post by shawn »

Hmm.....from what I can remember......

1st Model A stackable box from Joseph Wu's website. Pobably wouldn't have gotten into Origami if it wasn't for his site. (my boss destroyed it a few days later....something about not being happy that I spent an hour or so on company time folding. :? )

Most Frustrating: I would imagine Kamiyas Wizard....the fingers are a mystery to me.

How Long: Turns out I've been folding since about 2001....so I guess 4ish years or so...
Friet

Post by Friet »

The pictures I posted didn't help? I can explain some more if you tell me at which step you're stuck. (in the other thread of course)
shawn

Post by shawn »

to be honest I have just been really busy. I've got the wizard folded right to the point where I can do the fingers...just haven't been able to set aside enough time to finish it. From what I saw I should be able to get past it. Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know once I try it.

~Shawn
Limbless Stuntman

Post by Limbless Stuntman »

1. swan
2. toenail clippers
3. folding for 8yrs
Julie

Post by Julie »

1.. First model folded ?
A paper boat with my mom :D

2.. Most frustrating model folded/attempted ?
The Koi by Robert J.Lang but with the scales. I can fold the koi and I can fold a sample of scale but I can't fold the Koï with the scales because I'm very very bad in maths and I think i'm not skill enough in english and I understand nothing to creased paterns... :cry: but I'll try again! I bought the book only to fold it!! ( of course i fold some like the frog and the plane with my kids, it is a very well done, and beautiful book, it is just me that is not good enough :cry: )

3.. Which of the forum's members has been folding the longest ? (Come on own up ! Liars need not apply)
I began to fold when I was 4-5 years-old now i'm 30...
I fold a lot between 8-12 when my father worked with japaneses and they teached me traditionnals models that i learned to fold by memory. I come from a little village of ~ 730 people, there is no library there...I folded cranes and cranes ,that was my favorite one, until I went japan in 1994 and I learned there were thousands of origami models that were existing... :oops: Hazukashii desu!

Then I fold a lot between 1996-1998 and i fold every week since 2000 but often with children so I don't have time or know people to increase my level of folding. I mean , I would need help to make some of Lang's models and i think i would not be able to fold most of beautiful Satoshi's, for example, models.

My favorite models is still the crane but i really love to make Kawasaki rose and the eastern dragon by Joseph Wu.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

1st model: that fortune teller thing

2nd frustrating : there is this lion by guspath go that i still cannot get to look right :( http://design.origami.free.fr/bestof/go/lion/lion.htm
and also, komatsu's horned owl (hehe which translated to earthworm on the google automatic translater :D ) this owl is giving me trouble on how to "complete" it to become 3-d.

3rd folding age : i have been folding for a few years, but nothing exceptional

4th favorite model : i really like Komatsu's rabbit <and everything else he has done. He has an elegant simplicity, the folds are not really "easy" but the finished product is so clean. i also like this silly diamond container that i forget who designed it made. it was so simple and it would open and close. (hmmmm, too many favorites?)

Morgan
increddibelly

Post by increddibelly »

first: flapping bird <- I saw this done in a cartoon "wizard of Oz" and I was instantly addicted...I remember finally understanding the preliminary fold...I was so happy!! :lol:

most frustrating: Angel by Maarten van Gelder; it says "invert the model" and then shows a picture of the model almost-but-not-completely inverted. Also, I recall much annoyance at "birds on a birdbath" by Patricia Crawford IIRC.

folding years: 15 years, with most productivity in the first 5 years, but most interesting(complex) folds in the last 5 years.
Last edited by increddibelly on January 19th, 2006, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

first: Paper airplane. Real origami, Waterbomb

most frustrating: I have failed so many....:) Lang's butterfly.

Folding: since I was ten, areoud three years.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
kfongdsscagov

History of Paper Folding

Post by kfongdsscagov »

1.. First model folded ? (surely everyone remembers their first)
paper airplane / Isao Honda crane
2.. Most frustrating model folded/attempted ?
3D models with 600 triangles
3.. Which of the forum's members has been folding the longest ?
Since mid-school 1969 - The World of Origami by Isao Honda over 36 years and over 50 origami books later still folding.
Dragon_reborn42

Post by Dragon_reborn42 »

- 1st Origami Design that i can remember was the flapping bird.
- most frustrating fold will probally be robert langs Mantis (it just gets harder and harder)
- ive been folding on and off since i was 6 (im 19 now) but only in the last year have i started to learn more complex stuff.
Till Next Time, Godspeed