ORIPA

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Diopside

Post by Diopside »

There was no such problem for me, it simply downloads the .jar file
at this link it worked for me: http://mitani.cs.tsukuba.ac.jp/pukiwiki ... p?Download
Ben385

Post by Ben385 »

Yay! I finally got it to work. It downloaded as 'oripa034.jar.zip', so I used command prompt to change the name to 'oripa034.jar' and it worked!
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Diopside wrote:I have downloaded those 2 programs that are necessary to run ORIPA, java3d 1.5.1 and jre6 update 17, and i use google chrome and windows 7, but it won't work.
I've read through this entire topic, tried those commands in the command prompt, and i get this type of errror: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/vecmath/Tuple2d"
and when i try to run that jar file from the directory, (i have already associated with the adequate java app) nothing happens.
Any experiences in windows 7?
Not completely sure this will solve your problem, but it did once for me (before I bought a (at the time) new computer with Windows Vista and hasn't worked since then).

Since you are from Hungary, I assume your default language in your computer is not English. Go to regional settings and change the default language to English.

Good luck.
Diopside

Post by Diopside »

I have originally english windows, i can't stand the hungarian translations :)
I could only set the format language to other language, since that was the one and the location which was set to Hungary, and it didn't work. :(
mujik

Post by mujik »

Same problem for me...
when i double click the .jar file nothing happens
when i use the command prompt i receive the message
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/vecmath/Tuple2d
at oripa.ORIPA.main(Oripa.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.vecmath.Tuple2d
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AceesController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Laucher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
... 1 more"
I`ve downloaded and installed the jre1.6.0_20, the java 3d, have already changed everthing i could find in my pc to english and still no luck.... :cry:
Not completely sure this will solve your problem, but it did once for me (before I bought a (at the time) new computer with Windows Vista and hasn't worked since then).
yep. my guess is this is one more problem of windows vista....
the most puzzling thing is that i have tried to use many others .jar files and they all worked perfectly....
only oripa doesnt execute....
I believe that i`ve already tried everthing in the posts above, but with no luck yet, so if anyone have any other sugestions, i would greatly apreciate it, (otherwise i think that i will instal xp too next time that i format my pc, just to to see if it would work)
Thanks everyone for the support with the oripa.....

edited:I found the problem... :lol: :lol: :lol: At least for me.... (and i hope that it can help others too....)
the problem was with the instalation of the java 3d..... when i instaled it using the launcher everything seens to be working correctly, but the files wasn't instaled at all, so all i had to do was install the java 3d mannualy (u can find the files and how to install manually in the following link https://java3d.dev.java.net/binary-builds-old.html) I hope this can fix the problem for someone else too.... now excuse me but i'll finaly go test Oripa
ps: great thanks to Visionary for the missing library tip ( u was the one who showed me where the problem was...) also thanks to Brimstone, Jonnycakes, OrigamiGianluca, and all the others whose posts helped a lot
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I tried what mujik said but it still doesn't run, now it says "unable to access jarfile oripa034.jar" Of course the file is on the right directory

Any ideas?
YHOYO

Post by YHOYO »

HI...you can download a little magazine about oripa in this link:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B9 ... Mjlm&hl=es

other information in

http://www.diagramandoparaelmundo.co.cc/

bye :D
HopefulFolds

Post by HopefulFolds »

Oripa is the easiest tool to use to draw origami crease patterns. It is extremely simple (unlike inscape and other vector programs) and made for origami. My only complaints are this

1. Sometimes lines overlap and cannot be deleted.
2. Sometimes vertexes cannot be deleted
3. Sometimes the outside of the paper changes into auxillary lines when it should not be able to change at all
4. There is no way to export the file expect for taking a screenshot.
5. Folding engine does not work correctly (unless I am doing something wrong that I can't identify).

Despite this, the program is superb, and if these bugs were fixed it would be perfect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50416427@N ... 6/sizes/l/
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

I tried to download it like 4 times but it never worked. Then I tried it on my mac and it worked first try :)
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

1. Right-click
2. Save as
3. .jar
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Hooray, for some reason it worked this time!!! So excited!!! :) :) :) :)
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

cant find download link for java 3d for some reason and when i down load it it comes with files
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

when i try to open it , it says that it is a ZIP file and not a jar file even though i have downloaded both of the java's
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

So, I finally just downloaded Oripa .34… WOW! Among other things, it has the extremely useful Select All tool. Now if I could just do something about those colors…
YHOYO

Post by YHOYO »

ORIPA IN UBUNTU LINUX!

(google translation..sorry,,,)

After 5 minutes I was able to run on my Ubuntu linux oRipa! .. And runs faster than Windows, no problems generating the folds of time or anything ... everything perfect ... I love Linux: D

If you need this program in Ubuntu and need instructions let me know and I give you the package ready and is configured to only copy and paste. chau .. a picture to see if you run ... bye ..

size forgiveness, not as put smaller image

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sTOiXUxX3Ic/T ... B10_10.png[/img]