Closed sink with tissue foil

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
malachi

Closed sink with tissue foil

Post by malachi »

Do any of you have tips for getting a clean closed sink when using tissue foil?

I have trouble doing one without the paper becoming a crumpled mess to at least some degree, with the results getting worse as the sinks get smaller.

For example, I recently folded Marc Kirschenbaum's skeleton and everything went well except for the last few steps used to form the skull and neck where several triangular sinks are used on smaller and smaller parts of the model. My end result is pretty much a crumpled mass of paper for the skull. Of course, this was my first attempt, and I would probably have a little bit better luck if I tried it again because I understand how the model works better now, but I'm wondering if there are some other tips for getting the sinks cleaned up that would be helpful.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

youdont try betta paper
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

you can always flaten out the unwanted creases, but yes I also have this prolbem it one on the disadvantages of tissuefoil
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Try the roll and tuck in method. Instead of close sinking the entire triangular point, fold the point over in half (or other divisions) and sink the resultant trapezium. Once this trapezium is sunk, the areas which are folded over can be pushed further into the sink