What object or character would you like to become origami?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Hah, a bust with Quirrel on one side and Voldemort on the back of his head, :D .
hobbestheprince

Post by hobbestheprince »

Lol nice one! I'm a little surprised nothing like that has come up before ... Harry Potter was (and still kinda is) a huge phenomenon with a lot of people. Maybe someday we'll see models floating around the net. Another wild model would be that doll from the Saw movies. A little creepy, but unique :o
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

How about creatures from Pikmin? That game's visual design is the favorite of any game I have ever played. I designed a swooping snitchbug but haven't posted pictures-it would be cool to see some other things from the game realized in origami.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

The problem with Harry Potter is that the actual elements aren't actually unique. A cat, dog, owl, frog, rat (missing one finger), are normal. The hippogriff, thestral (a lanky black pegasus), dragons, phoenix, cerberus, unicorns, centaurs, manticore, and so forth are pretty common mythical creatures. Sure there are things like blast-ended skrewts, mandrakes, and some others that are unique, but for the most part, nothing extremely noticeable. People on broomsticks have been done before many times.

Winged keys, the flying snitch, the Sorting Hat are probably the most obvious, and easiest to do, and they've all been done. (Not necessarily done well, but they have been made. Peter Farina and Wensdy Whitehead.)
araknoid

Post by araknoid »

there are a lot of characters i would like to see... the jabberwock from levis carrol, mozart's papageno with or without cage, some wizard of oz companion, monsters from the mazinger series, modrons from d&d, and the list goes on...

general grievous sounds very good, also
Fnord
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

I personally think that there aren't enough robot/mech models around. Same goes for characters, monsters, items from video games in general, namely RPGs.
General Grievous sounds like a very good idea. I would almost be willing to try designing it. The only question I would have is about it's arms : should it's 4 arms be apparent? and with or without lightsabers?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Jonnycakes wrote:How about creatures from Pikmin? That game's visual design is the favorite of any game I have ever played. I designed a swooping snitchbug but haven't posted pictures-it would be cool to see some other things from the game realized in origami.
Indeed. I'd probably make a whole army of pikmin from origami, if I only knew how to do it! How did your snitchbug look, by the way?
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

I think it turned out pretty good, except that it was just from kami. I want to fold another, but first I need to go back and make sure I know exactly what I did :P I don't have access to it at the moment, but pics may go up within the next week or so.
Oruhito

Post by Oruhito »

Wow JonnyCakes that is one intense phoenix on your flickr gallery! It looks incredible.... I can't imagine how good it would look folded in handmade paper, wet folded
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Thanks-I have some yellow hanji from the convention but I still haven't tried out sizing it yet...I really need to get my hands on some MC.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

araknoid wrote:there are a lot of characters i would like to see... the jabberwock from levis carrol, mozart's papageno with or without cage, some wizard of oz companion, monsters from the mazinger series, modrons from d&d, and the list goes on...

general grievous sounds very good, also
Kamiya did the Wizard of Oz characters in one of the TV Champions, his lattest lion is a sophistication of his WoO lion he did then.
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

Jonnycakes wrote:How about creatures from Pikmin? That game's visual design is the favorite of any game I have ever played. I designed a swooping snitchbug but haven't posted pictures-it would be cool to see some other things from the game realized in origami.
Funny you should mention that. I've been thinking about how to go about making each of the species of pikmin, and am thinking that box pleating is my best bet. I need to up my design skillz first though, which is happening slowly :D!

Andrew
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
kitsune134

Post by kitsune134 »

a sabaku no gaara (from naruto) would be pretty awesome. he's my favorite anime character
I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work!
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

I want vincent from final fantasy 7. If it could be done with a color change to make the cape red and the rest of the body like black or silver that would be even cooler. I would also LOVE to see a moogal (is that how you spell it?) They are so cute!
"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
kitsune134

Post by kitsune134 »

isn't it moogle? a naruto would be cool, too.
I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work!