Thin kraft paper

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
shawn

Thin kraft paper

Post by shawn »

Hello everyone!!! I have a question.....I don't even know if this stuff is called thin craft paper (I a diagram on here made with it but I don't remember which one it was...). I happened to buy a roll of this stuff and thought that it was the most amazing stuff to folder with. I was decent for some of floderers models, and it creased really well....and on top of everything it had an almost waxy feel to it which made the creases more pronounced....anyway, can anyone tell me if this is the name for what I've described and also....where one can find this stuff (ideally in Toronto Canada)? Much appreciated.

~Shawn
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

From your description, it sounds like the brown wrapping paper used for parcels - sort of looks like brown kraft paper waxed on one side?

If so, most large stationery/office supplies stores should have this. Or perhaps craft stores and sewing stores (I think this paper is used for making templates for dressmaking).
Friet

Post by Friet »

I found out today that I had a roll of kraft paper lying at home. One side brown and black on the other side. I cut a large 50x50 cm square out of it, then ironed it to prevent it from curling up. I haven't folded with it yet but it looks very promising. I think it's also used for wrapping flowers and stuff like that. I don't know where my mom bought it from, but you can probably get it at bookstores, flower shops and probably every shop where they wrap stuff in paper. The paper used for wrapping presents is probably good as well, and it comes in nifty colours/patterns :)
shawn

Post by shawn »

I actually just went out last night and bought 3 meters of Kraft paper. Nothing fancy, has the feel and texture of of an old paper grocery bag. I'm trying to fold Kamiya's Wizard from it, but I'm starting to wonder if the paper is going to hold together by the end of it. :( I really want to find the 'thin kraft paper'. it was soo nice. :(