Vulcan Model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
XH558

Post by XH558 »

Joseph Wu wrote:It's called sarcasm, XH558. That's what the smiley faces are for.
You know what they say about sarcasm????? Lowest form of .......

I was seriously asking for help....so I do not need your poor humour......

I have enough problems.. thank you very much.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Don't forget the rest of the quote:...but the highest form of intelligence. :D

Anyway, getting back to the topic, since you appear to be based in the UK, try contacting the British Origami Society: http://www.britishorigami.org.uk

You could probably commission one of their members to design a Vulcan for you; the going rates vary from person to person.
XH558

Post by XH558 »

wolf wrote:Don't forget the rest of the quote:...but the highest form of intelligence. :D

Anyway, getting back to the topic, since you appear to be based in the UK, try contacting the British Origami Society: http://www.britishorigami.org.uk

You could probably commission one of their members to design a Vulcan for you; the going rates vary from person to person.
Sense at last... many thanks..
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

1. The sarcasm was not directed at you, but at rockmanex6. Apologies for not being very clear. rockmanex6 has a habit of making totally irrelevant and incomprehensible posts. That's what I was poking fun at.

2. Yes, by all means contact the BOS. They maintain a list of people willing to accept commissions on their website. The people on the commissions list vary widely in terms of ability, experience, and cost. Caveat emptor.
XH558

Post by XH558 »

Joseph Wu wrote:1. The sarcasm was not directed at you, but at rockmanex6. Apologies for not being very clear. rockmanex6 has a habit of making totally irrelevant and incomprehensible posts. That's what I was poking fun at.

2. Yes, by all means contact the BOS. They maintain a list of people willing to accept commissions on their website. The people on the commissions list vary widely in terms of ability, experience, and cost. Caveat emptor.
Hi Joseph

Appologies for being a bit touchy, but am a quite stressed at the moment, project Campaign Director is getting heated and want's action... need progress on this thing v.soon. Will got website as suggested many thanks.

Denis
saj

Post by saj »

Hi XH558,

Please let us know how you progress with finding a suitable model. I was thinking of some of the models presented on the Spanish Origami Association website. Click on Diagrams and then on Planes. Some of these might be suitable for your campaign (and please don't forget to contact the club for commision rates).

If you'll be contacting the British Origami Society for details on the commision, may I recommend Nick Robinson, who has much experience in designing simple, yet totally awesome Origami models.

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

why you ask?

Joseph Wu wrote:1. The sarcasm was not directed at you, but at rockmanex6. poke? haha
Not understand.. oh, mean this is Robot Vulcan transfom aircraft??
(mmn dificult ok I try fold)
Friet

Post by Friet »

Rock, he is looking for a plane, not a robot....... #-o
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

oh ok thx

Rock n robot
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

XH558 wrote:Appologies for being a bit touchy, but am a quite stressed at the moment, project Campaign Director is getting heated and want's action... need progress on this thing v.soon. Will got website as suggested many thanks.
No problem. Incidentally, it will help you could specify exactly what you want. It would appear that you are looking for someone to design the airplane in two forms (simple for kids, and complex for adults). Did you want a bunch of these folded to be given away? Or did you want instructions produced to be given away? The simple version is easily done. I whipped together something that will work (it flies, too) in about 2 minutes. The complex version would require more thought.
XH558

Post by XH558 »

Joseph Wu wrote:It would appear that you are looking for someone to design the airplane in two forms (simple for kids, and complex for adults). Did you want a bunch of these folded to be given away? Or did you want instructions produced to be given away? The simple version is easily done. I whipped together something that will work (it flies, too) in about 2 minutes. The complex version would require more thought.
Instructions that could be printed and handed out at airshows would be great.... idea is, interest the kids and we can get an intro to the parents to interest them in our project to return our Vulcan to flying status.... all about trying to raise the rest of the £5million we need. the simple one sounds exactly what we are after...

Denis
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

XH558 wrote:Instructions that could be printed and handed out at airshows would be great.... idea is, interest the kids and we can get an intro to the parents to interest them in our project to return our Vulcan to flying status.... all about trying to raise the rest of the £5million we need. the simple one sounds exactly what we are after...
Well, then. If you haven't found anyone else, then contact me via my website and we'll talk. This "weirdo" happens to be a professional origami illustrator. :)
http://www.origami.as
titan101

Post by titan101 »

I almost forgot ;;; this is my vulan model. I just folded it from waterbomb base, so very easy.
http://blog.naver.com/titan101/80013807870
http://blog.naver.com/titan101/80013844686
Korean origaminist, jassu
My blog http://blog.naver.com/titan101.do