Christmas Origami Book 2008

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
BluePaper

Post by BluePaper »

Merry Christmas and stuff!! Thank you Anna for doing all that for us!
EricGjerde

2009 book

Post by EricGjerde »

Well, now that I've learned how to fold a representational model, I'll do my best to contribute a design for the 2009 Christmas book.

Thanks Anna and Gerwin for doing this project - it's an excellent way to prod people into doing some diagramming, and definitely something that other origami organizations should consider doing as well. It's one thing to make a book for other people to just read and follow, but it's entirely another to make a book which requires you to participate to get a copy. I like this idea for spurring new creators to give it a try, especially since they will learn just how hard it can be to diagram something well :)

Happy new year to all!

-Eric
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Im gonna need help getting my copy of the book. my internet is too slow to handle the download. maybe someone could break it into smaller parts and e-mail it to me? Thanks
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Sadarac - If the problem hasn't been solved, already, it sounds like you have a similar problem to what angrydemon did on the previous page....

How big is your bandwidth - how fast and the maximum size for email?

It sounded like Anna was able to set up a temporary archive for slower downloads....

Providing details of what you can handle may make things a little easier/faster...

- Hank Simon
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Yes, I already wrote Sadarac an Email asking for this data. I need to know the maximum size of attachments he can receive, otherwise I can't help.
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

Crap, I thought I saved the book. I just went to look for it, but I can't find it! Help?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I'll send you the data again.