Current models

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
dani luddington

Current models

Post by dani luddington »

deleted
Last edited by dani luddington on October 26th, 2005, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malachi

Post by malachi »

Issei's T-Rex skel, 60% complete... but I haven't worked on it in several months.
Kamiya's Ancient Dragon, 100% complete except for some finishing work.
I have the parts for a mobile that I need to put together.

I really hate to leave things half finished, so I don't generally have much in process at any given time.
dani luddington

wow i look at the ancient dragon and the t-rex and am a bit overwhelmed to even start! congrats on finishing the dragon. got pics? sincerely, dani
malachi

Post by malachi »

No pics yet. As with almost everything I make, I'm not happy with it, and this is my first effort. After I put some finishing touches on it, I might take some pictures.
dani luddington

gotcha. the models i fold always look better the second or third time around. sincerely, dani
Friet

Post by Friet »

I have a half finished three headed dragon (Anibal Voyer), but I think I did something wrong with the heads :/ Also another model by Anibal, his wasp. And Satoshi's Smilodon. I was about halfway with the model when a friend called me up asking me if I wanted to go to a pub with him. I said yes ofcourse, and when I got back I was totally drunk, and not so wisely decided to finish the model. I looked at it the day after and saw that I had totally messed up the head.

So a tip to you all: Being drunk might give you the impression that you can fold really well, which might not always be true when you can barely walk :)
barlou

Post by barlou »

I'm folding Hojyo Takashi's Archangel Gabriel from CP, I think I'm at 80 % (made all the pleats, now I'm collapsing). It's a hard model, I have spent already 10+ hours on it, 2 only to divide my square in 64. I wonder how many people have folded it ... I'd like to ask them, if they noticed an error with the feets.

I hope he will publish a book soon, I want to fold his tiger I hope it will be in it. It's so nice, though, there is no strip, unlike Komatsu's ; btw, is it box pleated ?
yee245

Post by yee245 »

I dont have an origami workplace, per se, but I have stuff scattered about

incomplete:
Brill's rhino,
Lang's moose,
666 of 1000 cranes,
Lang's? American Lobster,
and various other modular stuff.

I'm very easily distracted, especially by problem sets for classes and also work over the summer.
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Friet wrote:I have a half finished three headed dragon (Anibal Voyer), but I think I did something wrong with the heads :/ Also another model by Anibal, his wasp. And Satoshi's Smilodon. I was about halfway with the model when a friend called me up asking me if I wanted to go to a pub with him. I said yes ofcourse, and when I got back I was totally drunk, and not so wisely decided to finish the model. I looked at it the day after and saw that I had totally messed up the head.

So a tip to you all: Being drunk might give you the impression that you can fold really well, which might not always be true when you can barely walk :)
I've done that before too. Think I can fold while under the influence-- no I screw things up and it turns into a mess. :oops: So now I never fold if I've had anything to drink.
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

I have nick Terrys book, with no time to fold, and such great models! If you havent check this book out pleas do so. The web site is http://design.origami.free.fr