General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
saj

Post by saj »

I've confused myself, I thought someone mentioned they hadn't spoken to anyone in real time (i.e, communication by email /forum). Which is why I said ...

Perhaps we can arrange a weekly chat available on my site - please recommend times etc. There used to be a larger chat organised via the O-List (I believe every Tuesday on Yahoo! PaperWonders) but that eventually phased out.

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

Sorry Saj, I've splitted your post from the other topic. It's worth an own one :)

Christian
saj

Post by saj »

Hey Chris, thanks for that - How about meeting up Tuesday 8PM GMT? It would be nice talking to members in the chat.

saj
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I don't have time on tuesday, sorry, I'm at a local origami meeting. maybe we could plan that somewhen in the next weeks?

Christian
saj

Post by saj »

Sure, please send some recommendations. The chat, I hope will become a weekly activity.

Saj
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

How about the weekends, say afternoon GMT? It'll allow for more overlap between the different time zones. Some online chats are done this way, and it results in two peak periods: one from to the afternoon Europe/night Asia-Pacific crowd, and another from the night Euro/morning America crowd.

One reason why the Paperwonders chat died out was that Yahoo didn't exactly provide a very good chat interface, so everyone either lagged, or got booted without warning.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I would say, that sunday would be the best way, because all the youngsters here would porbably rather like to spend their saturdays with friends?!

maybe we could use the ICQ messenger for the chat. it's easy to use, and nobody has to do configurations?

Christian