Mulberry Paper

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

DavidW wrote:Isn't that funny when you want a paper and then discover you already have it? :P
That happens with origami books too... :D
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

That happens with origami books too..
it never happended with origami books, but with other books. I once bought a mystery book and at home I discovered, that I had exactly this book in my shelf, it was another version, splitted into three books :(

Christian
Nesting Crane

Post by Nesting Crane »

Joseph Wu,
Paper, by definition, is a felt-like material made from plant fibres, so, no, it's not actually made from elephant hide.
That is a relief to know. I just would not use it if it was made of actual Elephant Hide. I know paper was made of plant fibers, however, you know how the human race can be. There is always somebody who wants to create a strange idea, and then sale it.

wolf,
But elephant poo paper is real paper...
OOO! Gross!! See what I mean. :-&
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Nesting Crane wrote:There is always somebody who wants to create a strange idea, and then sale it.
Like leather jackets, chamois gloves and degrees on vellum?
Nesting Crane wrote:OOO! Gross!! See what I mean. :-&
Eh? It's way more natural than pulping down a tree and mixing it with corrosive acids/bases and solvents. Anyhow, dried dung is still used as cooking fuel in some parts of the world.
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Hey guess what I saw at Target? Mulberry paper-- 12x12 sheets, 15 pack for $5!! :)
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Look here, do the monetary conversion (www.xe.com), and drool. And just a stone's throw away from where I am too! :D
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

OMG!!!! I wonder what the shipping costs are for overseas orders. I think you could make a gigantic lifetime supply order and it would be worth it!

Wow! That is so really, really cheap!!!
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I wonder what the shipping costs are for overseas orders.
where do you live?
Maybe you can fill out your profile, so that people could give answers that would be more usefull for you :)

Christian
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

USA. :)
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Thank you David for that tip about the Mulberry paper. I went to Target and I found the exact same thing! So now off to fold for my exhibit!

Now on this slight side subject. I was wondering if any one would mind sending me a model of your own creation and design so I can put it in my exhibit? I will give you full credit, and it will also inform non folders who look at the exhibit, that there are lots of us out there. If you would like more info or are intrested please pm me please. I would also be really awesome also to see someone elses creation up close. :)

Happy folding,
Funkee Folder
You can make one of those swan thingys! Wow!
-----------------------
Quote from one of the many people who mistook a crane for a swan. Don't you just love em'!
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

You're quite welcome. I bought a pack of the 12 inch today. :D The other paper I have is smaller. If I can produce (yeah right!) folds like Phil's, then I would consider it worth the extra money on that paper. :)
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

I folded Eric Joisel's Rat with the Mulpaper and it came out pretty good but I think it would of been nicer with foil backing. :( I am going to try this out with Dragon In Flight by Charles Esseltine. Now David who do you mean by Phil? If you tell me I will probably do a hit the forehead and go DUH! move but just wanted to know. (Oh and for the record I have to say I am pretty fried right now so that is why I probably forgot! :D )

Funkee Folder
You can make one of those swan thingys! Wow!
-----------------------
Quote from one of the many people who mistook a crane for a swan. Don't you just love em'!
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

The poster named Phil. :lol:

Check out his Lang insects from Thai mulberry paper, he posted this on another thread.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/family_ph ... pg&.src=ph

Really cool lucking! :)
phil

Post by phil »

Thanks, Those were wet folded with Thai 3-D Marble I'ts a little thicker than the packged mulberry paper.
I just orderd some more of the pink 3-d marble paper to fold some Kawasaki Rose's from it. I also orderd some of the Thai elephant dung paper, I'll let you know how it folds.
phil

Post by phil »

I recived my paper order the other day. The Asian Elephant Dung Paper is a little thick and it rips easily when wet. It doesn't have any coarse grass inclusions in it though. It works fairly well for simpler models. I folded Stephen Weiss's swan from it. Here's a picture