Sara's Video thread: wish a model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
pandaraoke

Post by pandaraoke »

Oh! A video on the flower tower would be cool. I know you must be a busy lady. Whatever video you make next... I am sure to watch it!
What did the Origami Artist say to the paper?
Don't be a square.
moonowl

Post by moonowl »

Neal Elias Angel from BOS booklet number 10. I would dearly love to see that model folded.
I made an apple pie from instructions in a cookbook. Can I sell my pie? Of course. As long as I don't claim to be the creator of the recipe, I'm fine.Church bake sales are being sued? lol
pandaraoke

Post by pandaraoke »

FrumiousBandersnatch wrote:We, of the Adoring Masses, humbly prostrate ourselves before your videographic genius. We can but wait, and hope, and finally feverishly devour your tutoric tidbits...
Well said! Being one of the adoring masses myself. Dang! I should have thought to be so eloquent! lol
What did the Origami Artist say to the paper?
Don't be a square.
fi-ori

Post by fi-ori »

pandaraoke wrote:Oh! A video on the flower tower would be cool. I know you must be a busy lady. Whatever video you make next... I am sure to watch it!
Me too :-({|=
"There's a fold in everything..."
www.flickr.com/photos/mancinerie
flake

Post by flake »

fi-ori wrote:
pandaraoke wrote:Oh! A video on the flower tower would be cool. I know you must be a busy lady. Whatever video you make next... I am sure to watch it!
Me too :-({|=
+1!!
Me too! :D
Sara

Post by Sara »

Just a quick update. I uploaded a new video, this time featuring a very simple, traditional collapsible box (water dish, orisue, ..).

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAVkfjvdy2U or http://www.happyfolding.com/instruction ... psible_box

Next up: Apple by Shuzo Fujimoto, and a stellated octahedron from a single sheet of paper by John Montroll

As to the flower tower by Chris Palmer, I'll have to give that one another go. But didn't Chris make a video himself, which is for sale on his website?

Happy folding,

-- Sara
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Sara thats sought of true he made a cd about the flower towers but its only a printable cp although there are instructions for collapsing it.

i got the cd set actually for my birthday!- they're awesome!
fold-it-all

Post by fold-it-all »

I'm sure if you study him folding it enough times in "Between the Folds" you could get a good idea what to do. I will watch it again, to advise whether you should even try doing that.
Laugh alone, and the world thinks you're an idiot.
Sara

Post by Sara »

fold-it-all wrote:I'm sure if you study him folding it enough times in "Between the Folds" you could get a good idea what to do.
Ha, for that I'd first have to see "Between the Folds". I might go to the German convention, and check whether it's for sale there.

Also, I've folded the flower tower twice thus far, but don't feel confident enough about it to demonstrate it. [From the top of my head, I don't even know how to fold it. I'd have to have another look at which instructions I followed, I think they were textual - yey!]

-- Sara
fold-it-all

Post by fold-it-all »

Oh, well its the only non-solely for instructions origami movie that I've seen, and on top of that LaFosse and Palmer are the only others I've seen that make videos, but this is a documentary for the most part (it even has Lafosse teaching you how to make his paper :o )
SlyNeko

Post by SlyNeko »

Hi Sara,

First off your site is fantastic and a great vehicle for the advancement of origami. Thank you for all the effort.

anyway, i know your list of models is growing and your free time is shrinking but i was folding Nguyen Hung Cong's Owl today from Tanteidan Convention 15 and thought it'd be a perfect candidate for one of your videos.

- it's not overly complex so it should be teachable in a reasonable amount of time

- the model is 3d most of the way so it would lend itself quite well to being shown in a video

- the result is quite elegant....just looks great for a rather quickish fold

i couldn't find any easy contact info for him but i'm sure Nicolas Terry could assist since they worked so closely on the diagrams for his eagle in License to Fold.

What do you think?
Things are only fragile till' they break
fold-it-all

Post by fold-it-all »

I love your profile picture,off of my top favorite animes :) , so much in fact after a bit of photoshop'ing I'll be able to give my own flare to it. So you have tanteidan too, what do you think of H.T. Quyet's fox? I like it better than any other I've seen so far.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

According to what I've heard Chris Palmer does not allow people to teach his models in a "public" way, so the Flower Tower is out of the question, I guess.
Sara

Post by Sara »

SlyNeko wrote:anyway, i know your list of models is growing and your free time is shrinking but i was folding Nguyen Hung Cong's Owl today from Tanteidan Convention 15 and thought it'd be a perfect candidate for one of your videos.
I haven't tried contacting him yet, but I agree it's a great model. Indeed, it's one of the models that really made me want to have that book. :)
I'll have a look into contacting him, but probably when I have a bit more time on my hands.
fold-it-all wrote: So you have tanteidan too, what do you think of H.T. Quyet's fox?
I gave it a quick go and wasn't as enthusiastic as you seem to be. I'm tempted to buy "Origami Essence" by Román Díaz solely for the vixen shown own the cover, though.
Brimstone wrote:According to what I've heard Chris Palmer does not allow people to teach his models in a "public" way, so the Flower Tower is out of the question, I guess.
Thanks for the info!

And finally, I've just uploaded a new video:

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LVX6zWDcJk
Happyfolding: http://www.happyfolding.com/instruction ... octahedron

Next up: Apple by Shuzo Fujimoto
After that: probably more tessellation techniques, Twirl (10 butterfly modules) by Krystyna Burczyk (http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-bur ... ly_modules), maybe a specially themed Easter model

Hope you enjoy it,

-- Sara
Sara

Post by Sara »

I wanted to wait a further week before I upload a video on Shuzo Fujimoto's apple, but it seems easter is almost here!

Hence:
New today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2e4jyWCtaU
http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-fujimoto-apple

In one or two weeks, to get it available for others before Easter:
Hatching Chick by Peter Engel (http://www.happyfolding.com/gallery-eng ... hing_chick)

-- Sara