Help identifying origami

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
WhizoD

Help identifying origami

Post by WhizoD »

Hi everyone! im new to this forum and would like to get some information about an orgami piece that i had found almost 10 years ago in a childrens origami book

the origami was this self balancing almost triangular shape piece, that when you push over it would erect itself up!... and i've been searchin for it for a long time now without knowings its name or how to make it again =(

so i was hoping that someone around here would be able to tell me what its called and possibly even like to show me how to make it... it should be a very simple beginners thing since i made it as a very young kid... much would be appreciated if anyone can help out thanks! :D
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

it sounds like the "magic tipper", that could be found in Eric Kenneway's "origami complete".
if you search for this book at http://www.amazon.com, you can take a look onto the first few pages. if you jump to page 13, you can see the first 3 steps of that model. just repeat step 2+3 one more time, and valley fold the model in half.
that's it :)

Christian
WhizoD

Post by WhizoD »

hehe thanks... i believe this is it!!! but unfortunely i no longer find it as impressive as i did before anymore :( i guess it was one of those things as a kid lol... anyways i was wondering if there's any other origami thats of this type? where it performs something rather than look like something?
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Robert Lang's Origami in Action is a book of action models.

Also, this year's Pacific Coast OrigamiUSA Conference has an action model challenge; their publication will include diagrams of these models. More information can be found at their website: http://www.ifold.org.