How did you get into it

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
platypusguy

How did you get into it

Post by platypusguy »

I have a great question, how did you get into Origami? I of course was at the library one day when I was 3 and was picking out books at random, and pow I found an Origami book, it was love at first sight and the rest is history.
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

In 2nd grade art class we did a unit on origami. It was there the obession began.
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

I was at a Scholastic book fair when I saw a book called Scary Origami (It was Halloween at the time!) I got it and tried some but they were a little harder than you basic traditional ones so I could not do any for a long time, but for some weird reason I kept at it till I made something. Now I can't find enough things to fold!

Funkee Folder
You can make one of those swan thingys! Wow!
-----------------------
Quote from one of the many people who mistook a crane for a swan. Don't you just love em'!
BigFIFan

Post by BigFIFan »

That's a fantastic book! My elementary school library had that book! Haven't seen a copy in about 13 years.
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

I still have that book (looks like heck though :lol: ) I somtimes fold from it just for kicks! My favorite model is the pumpkin (nice variation on the traditional water bomb). Sorry for getting off topic!

Funkee Folder
You can make one of those swan thingys! Wow!
-----------------------
Quote from one of the many people who mistook a crane for a swan. Don't you just love em'!
Rinrin

Post by Rinrin »

When my friend sent me a chinese website teaching the user how to fold a 8petal flower (variation of sunflower) last year. That's when my obession began =3
Mew~~!