Kamiya's designs

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
platypusguy

Kamiya's designs

Post by platypusguy »

I have been recently folding a lot of Kamiya's work because I have just recently got his new book. I am very fond of a few models in it: Chocobo, Bahamut, Unicorn, ancient Dragon, wizard and a few more.

I have folded a few of them and expected the Bahamut to be my favorite, surprisingly I liked the Unicorn much much more and thought that they were of equal difficulty but the Unicorn in general worked out much better and I had a lot better of a time folding it. the Bahamut was really tedious and the Unicorn was enjoyable all the way through, a bit too much precreasing though.

Please tell me if I am crazy or your thoughts on Kamiya's other works.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

What's the title of the book you bought,
How do you bought it,
Did you wait a long time for it,
Was it expensive ?

and full list of its contents please...
Friet

Post by Friet »

MacGyver, that question has been answered tons of times on this forum. Just do a search for kamiya and you'll find many topics on the subject.

And as for the unicorn, I agree that it's a very beautifull and elegant model. Another model that I really like from the book is the Kirin. I didn't expect much from it when looking at the example, but the result I got was great. (It's the only model in the book that I think I folded better then Kamiya :))
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Ohhhhhhh, I dream of a place where Kamiya's books are handed out freely! :wink: :lol: Oh but that is only a dream for me, I will just have to drool some more! =P~

Funkee Folder
You can make one of those swan thingys! Wow!
-----------------------
Quote from one of the many people who mistook a crane for a swan. Don't you just love em'!
platypusguy

Post by platypusguy »

i recently folded the boar god and thought i folded it very well. my family thought it was an armidillo, except my dad haha