My latest design (diagrams available)

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
T

Post by T »

I looked at the pics of psueodoscorpion, it is rather similar. The main difference I can see is that a psuedoscorpion has 8 legs. Mauel sirgo has made an origami model of athe psuedoscorpion.

The more I see the more I think i may need a copy of freehand

Anyway else had a go at the model?

Thanks very much.
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Dear T,

When I loaded the model, it was a 1.03 MB so it took a while for it to load for me! (I have dial up :roll: ) Maybe take off a couple of pics (not all of them) to bring down the load time. The model pretty cool looking though! That's all I can think off right now.

Good Job
Funkee Folder
T

Post by T »

Yep I intend to take off (most) of the pics in my next version of the diagrams.

Let me know if you have a go at the model.

Thanks
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

today, I gave it a try:

[img]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5272/bug2nq.jpg[/img]

I didn't print out the pictures with your diagrams, so my finishing came right out of my phantasy :)

I like the model, it's nice to fold with no frustrating folds.

here are my thoughts about the diagrams (sorry, if they are already have been told, but I'm just to lazy to check):

-the difference between the mountain and valley folds are very hard to spot. if your program doesn't provide a dot-dot-line, you may work around that problem, by increasing the size of every step.

-make your folding arrows a bit bolder, to distinguish it better from the background.

- there is a "enlarged view"-sign missing at step 13

-in many steps the bisect signs are missing. it seemed to be obvious, but should be shown.

- in step 36, there are two little triangles at the top of the model, that need to be sunk. you missed to say that.

over all, I really like that model. good job.

Christian
Last edited by TheRealChris on August 27th, 2005, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T

Post by T »

Well done on your attempt on the model. Your final product looks neater than mine!

Thanks for the corrections I will be sure to take them all into account on the next revision of the diagrams.

In the mean time I would be interested to see anymore pictures of the finished model by others and of course would like to hear any other feedback corrections etc.

Thanks very much.