Origami and art

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Morgan

Origami and art

Post by Morgan »

Hello,

After much thought about the subject of designing a model, I had an idea. So whenever I've "attempted" to create a model, I've always you know, sketched the finished shape of the model ... or when trying to solve a CP, I sketch in reverse the steps to find the shapes the creases make.

So after making John Montroll's rabbit from Origami For The Enthusiast, I put it on a rock, and sketched it like that. Would anyone want to see something like that, or has anyone else drawn their Origami? Just curious, thought it would make a cool thread to see not only someones folding ability, but the even more abstract thought realization of Origami in a more abstract medium.

When I think about it, your Aunt Matilda has so much character, your family had a portrait down, why not give the same respect to your equally characteristic and personal fold model?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

p.s. i really really apologize for any typos...i am a horrible proofreader :[ annd speller at that...
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Morgan wrote:...i am a horrible proofreader :[ annd speller at that...
Indeed you are
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

hmmm i guess after 42 views and only one post, either my grammer and spelling lost everybody, or this idea was dumb. thats cool, that is the reason i asked in the first place :)
saj

Post by saj »

Behold the power of the edit button! Lol. It'd be cool to see some sketches of your work, I'd draw some of my completed models but unfortunately I can't really draw.

If possible, can you upload them to a Flickr account please? I'm working on a possible idea, read more about the Origami Forum Flickr Project. Although I'm actually using the 'origami' tag for now, I'll update this once we have a few more pics.

saj
PS - Sorry to hijack the thread!
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.