Cool simple models.

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
esato

Cool simple models.

Post by esato »

What do you guys fold when you are not at home, maybe waiting for an appointment or just bored at a party, and you find a piece of paper? Has that ever happened to any of you? You notice the paper used to wrap a gum or candy is almost square and you fold a little something to pass the time.

What cool simple easy fast models do you fold then?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

It happend to me many many times. The model I fold depends on the kind of paper I find, if it is large enough, I divide it in some smaller papers first to have more of it. A model I folded very often then is a little variation of the flower (with stem and leaves) from Eric Kenneway´s "Origami Complete", but since I know how to fold a Kawasaki-Rose, I mostly prefer this model. Another model would be Hojyo Takashi´s Buddha, then a bird-model I don´t know the author of, a double-heart model from Francis Ow, little boats, butterflies (also from Kenneway´s book, the flapping one), spinner, maybe cranes (mostly if the paper gets to small to fold anything else, maybe 1cm or less), cubes or boxes, Jeremy Shafer´s magic cube, frogs, grasshopper or other little toys and animals like this.
If I have more than one paper I also fold modular toys.
And more often then folding this models, I´m simply doodling when I only find one sheet of paper.
Luckily I carry some paper with me as often as possible, so it´s happening rather seldom that I have to choose only one of these models :-)
Friet

Post by Friet »

Anibal Voyer's horse takes me about 30 minutes to fold so it's a nice model for when I'm travelling by train. Other than that it's just little things like the birdbase rose, a crane, some simple dragons or a squirrel. Or I just start doodling.
Frydrych

Post by Frydrych »

esato wrote:What do you guys fold when you are not at home, maybe waiting for an appointment or just bored at a party
Actually there are three models that I have been folding in such situations: crane, Kawasaki rose and Eric Joisel's rat.
I also doodle a lot.
Greg, Grzegorz actually, but try to pronounce it
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

usually i do a cube (can't remember who it's by but it has a wonderful move where it seems to fold itself) or a waterlilly if i have a napkin. if i want to impress a child then the flapping bird is always good.
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah
mleonard

Post by mleonard »

Sounds like Fujimoto's cube.
hermanntrude

Post by hermanntrude »

that's the one

i think that's the worlds best origami move
blahblahblahboringsignatureblahblahblah