What To Fold

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Re: What To Fold

Post by GWB origami »

What color?
GrossMichael

Post by GrossMichael »

Thick foil? You could fold Christmas stars or other modular models. If you still prefer pure stuff you could try Dave Brill's Box and Lid(one sheet)
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

yeah thick, black, yellow and green. 3 sheets. I think Brill's box and lid is a good option, but what about the rest of 2? This paper is only suitable for H-I to simple models. I use it to test fold the cp's
i also have thick, crisp tracing paper, but when i make a sharp crease, it rips off easily :(
ginshun

Post by ginshun »

I have some double unryu that I made up from scraps of when I had previously made big squares. Basically what I have is two 3:1 rectangles - 6" x 18" (15cm x 45cm) and one 2:1 - 6" x 12" (15cm x 30cm). The 3:1 rectangles are yellow and dark grey and green and brown. The 2:1 is red and black - this was a 3:1 just like the others, but I already cut a 6" square from this one and folded Roman Diaz's Cardinal from Origami Essence (the simple one).

I needs some color change models for these that are simple enough to fold from the size rectangles listed or squares cut from them.

I was thinking maybe some of Neal Elias's models to use the full sheets, but am open to other suggestions for 6" squares as well.

Thanks.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

35cm Gold and Silver foil. What to fold? Preferably supercomplex, but complex would work too.
florigami

Post by florigami »

i have alot of paper in different sizes (unryu, elephant hide, kraft, tissue foil) and i have the books ods2, origami sequence and vietnam origami groups's book. I only have three hours to make it
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I think you should fold an Alot to accompany your Alot of paper. It sure wants a friend.
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

Haha that made my day Anna!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

step 1 18 X 24 in
step 2 color(s) I have two sheets, one is yellow with small fleur de lis patterns the other is blue with long multicolored strands of thin string.
step 3 thickness Rather thick, but soft
step 4 paper Lokta
step 5 how complex are you willing to fold I like complex models around 100 steps the best, but I'm not sure if my paper is quite crisp enough for those. It's a bit tough to see creases made on it, so probably nothing folded from a grid.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
alkagupta0408

Post by alkagupta0408 »

you can check out my youtube channel for free origami tutorials. channel link in signature.
AncientDragon101

Post by AncientDragon101 »

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a model to fold - I found when going through my paper collection 2 20cm squares of Nicholas Terry's tissue foil - 1 red, 1 black. I'm wondering if there is any model you could think of I could fold both sheets into, perhaps to pose the models differently and juxtapose the colours, e.g. 2 dragons attacking each other.

Thanks
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

1) About 20cm
2) Beige on both sides
3) Maybe 40gsm
4) Maybe washi? Not really sure, but it's tissuey.
5) Complex. (Looking into designing something, possibly.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Post by myself »

Elephant hide 70x100 cm: red, blue, grey, pink and green
VOG(?) paper 80x110 cm: red, orange and yellow

I want to get better at wet-folding, so any wet-folding related suggestions would be appreciated. I'm also quite curious about the capabilities of what's probably VOG paper, so if you know anything that suits this paper well I'd like to hear it.
easysid

Post by easysid »

is this thread still alive?

25 cm yellow paper 65-70 gsm.

Intermediate (Nothing more complex than Kamiya's chocobo.)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

The chocobo was the first thing to come too mind. Maybe a lion of giraffe?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk