Contacting the folders/intellectual property?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Erebus

Contacting the folders/intellectual property?

Post by Erebus »

My teacher is encouraging me to enter a sculpture from class into an art competition. The only problem is that it centers around repeating Tomoko Fuse's modular star in various sizes ( 16 in down to 1 inch). I am worried about being challenged on plagarism (or whatever you call that in sculpture) due to the fact that the model its centered around is Tomoko Fuse's intellectual property. I am actualy hoping to find some way I could e-mail her or something to ask permission to use her idea in my sculpture for competition but all my searchs online send me to bookstores and blogs about folding her work :-(.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Hi, if it were me I would not bbe to worried about it. I do not think this would be a violation of copy rights. I guess it depends on what the competition is for (money, you picture on the school wall)..... I would start making the model, but if some one who know more about this than I do, by all means go with what they say.

Aaron
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Erebus

Post by Erebus »

yea, its like a regional competition and I won't being getting money or anything unless it goes national which I don't think it will (nothing I entered has even gotten an honorable mention because its a pretty widespread and competitive thing) I am just looking more on principal at this point but if it went national I would feel better with some kind of permission
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Well I would just go ahead and fold it, since it seems no one has anything to say to the contrary.

Aaron
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Hope I'm not to late in writing this. Okay the first thing you must do is make sure to put a card or something telling whoever looks at the models that it was Tomoko Fuse who designed (composed) the model and not you but this should be obvious. Okay also, are the models free standing or connected in some way? Just wanted to know.