Selling?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
suntailhawk

Selling?

Post by suntailhawk »

Hi guys~! You see, this friend of my mine is trying to arrange an origami model sale. Umm, a Kawasaki rose sale to be exact. I was trying to convince her that she is going to get charged if she sell an artist's model with the artist's permission. But she won't listen.... She said that it is ok, because she a a law book in her house..... Well, please give me the full details of the law regarding origami copyrights. I do not wish to see my friend to get charged...
Aznman

Re: Selling?

Post by Aznman »

suntailhawk wrote: with the artist's permission.
Do you mean without the artist's permission?
second: which rose are you talking about? the first rose or the second "new" rose?

Regarding the new rose
I'm not sure that it will be against the law, because the diagrams never say you can not sell the rose... Of course most books and things do not say that either. If I were trying to sell them (I'm not, and probably never will ) I would cantact Mr. Wu (Joe, I'm young so I am supposed to call you "Mister" :D ).

Anyway, if she will not listen, them let her go on and sell them, (I don't think you will be able to stop her).
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Friet

Post by Friet »

Just ask for the artists permission. If not for legal purposes, it's at least the polite thing to do.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Yeah I guess that's wha I was saying in so many words :D

Fold forever (until you die, which all of us will)
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
emmajg

permission

Post by emmajg »

I know what you mean the "legal" issue with making and selling are complicated, but out of politness I try and contact all designers possible or choose traditional designs.

And to show my appreciation I donate % of profit to various charities including BOS.

I used to make and sell Kawasaki roses but I've been asked to stop until I get permission from Mr Kawasaki, I'm still waiting and I'm hoping he gives me the ok.

Hope this helps
Em