Where download book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Cham

Where download book

Post by Cham »

I search a book
"Origami for the Connoisseur" Kasahara, Takahama
Anybody knows where I can download it??
student
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Cham, if you do find this book for download, it would be an illegal copy. The book is still in print, and is still protected by copyright. Please see this thread.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
Cham

Post by Cham »

You want say, that all sites, which use diagrams and text from this book are illegal??
student
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

It is not that all websites who have the book are illegal. If the website has proper copyright releases. But you will not find this book on the internet to download. Link to Google Book This is a link to Google Book, the front cover of this book. If you have a google account then you can look at most of the book. (Even get some full diagrams, as I have done). But it is not the same as having the book, since some pages are restricted.

And no this is not a copyright infringment for google to have these on the internet, they have gotten all copyright releases.

Hope that helps a little.

[Edited by Joseph Wu to fix URL.]
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Aznman wrote:And no this is not a copyright infringment for google to have these on the internet, they have gotten all copyright releases.
Not in all cases. There are still publishers fighting against this one.

I dislike what Google has done with this. Instead of asking for permission first, they went ahead and did it and are waiting for people to complain before taking down particular books. It's an "opt out" system, which is illegal for marketing, but technically not illegal in this situation. In any case, it's disrespectful: I always think that people should be asked first before their things are used.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

I guess I cannot argue with you one that point.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
emmajg

Origami for the Connoisseur

Post by emmajg »

If you having trouble finding this book to buy let me know and I can see if I can track it down.
It's a great book to buy as there are many wonderful designs in there not just the kawasaki rose!
Take care
Em
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

The book is still available easily (in contrast to many Origami books which are unfortunately out of print), for example from Amazon.
And it's definitely worth to buy it :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin