Page 5 of 5

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 8:16 pm
by origami-artist-galen
Looks awesome, thanks Anna!

Just noting that my own entry's picture did and numbering something funky, it shouldn't matter too much though.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 8:56 pm
by phillipcurl
am I one of the "young stars of origami"?
is mine amazing and elegant?
i also agree that a lot of the models are great. I am currently folding Shuki's dragonfly now. and yea, the numbers are a bit screwed up on yours, Shuki. I am dissapointed in that there aren't as many complicated models as I expected but oh well.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 9:07 pm
by franzrogar
phillipcurl wrote:am I one of the "young stars of origami"?
is mine amazing and elegant?

Well, I didn't want to tell names, but yours, for me, is elegant :-)

My addition was a test trying to add revolution surfaces to the model which didn't end as expected, but wasn't a total failure.

Don't worry about complexity. I will try to diagram something good for next year, promise :-)

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 9:23 pm
by origami_8
Hm, didn't notice what happened to the numbers before. Really strange and it only seems to be like this on the last two pages of Shuki's part. Maybe I can correct it somehow.

Edit: I tried printing it again and got the same strange looking pages. That's weird!

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 9:43 pm
by origami-artist-galen
origami_8 wrote:Hm, didn't notice what happened to the numbers before. Really strange and it only seems to be like this on the last two pages of Shuki's part. Maybe I can correct it somehow.

Edit: I tried printing it again and got the same strange looking pages. That's weird!


Like I said, not a big deal. I'll probably make the diagrams public for everyone sometime after January.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 1:48 am
by phillipcurl
shuki, what paper did you use for your dragonfly?
I made my first one with kami and it turned out okay, and I am working on my second one now with double tissue + mc. I got the base collapsed, I just need to shape it.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 4:01 am
by origami-artist-galen
phillipcurl wrote:shuki, what paper did you use for your dragonfly?
I made my first one with kami and it turned out okay, and I am working on my second one now with double tissue + mc. I got the base collapsed, I just need to shape it.


I used Thai unryu for the ones in the picture, but Japanese foil works fine too.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 5:06 pm
by steingar
Many thanks to Anna for her efforts at compiling such a fine collection.

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 3:10 am
by fncll
The collection sounds great. Next time you should have something that non-designers can contribute to (unless my origami boulder counts :o)!

Re: Christmas Book 2011?

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 3:12 am
by phillipcurl
you could right an article, perhaps.
like a study of crease patterns or something.