Shuki Kato's book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: Shuki Kato's book

Post by Brimstone »

origami-artist-galen wrote: I've been able to make about $5000 off of it, nothing crazy though considering how much effort was spent! :D
What currency?
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

origami-artist-galen wrote: I've been able to make about $5000 off of it, nothing crazy though considering how much effort was spent! :D
Okay, that's not too bad. It's a great book though. The models are really cool and fun to fold. Thanks for taking the time to make it! (And I'm getting Tanteidan 21 now, so I can fold your Kabutomushi :D ).
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

Brimstone wrote:
What currency?
I live in Montana so USD. :)
Folderp wrote:
Okay, that's not too bad. It's a great book though. The models are really cool and fun to fold. Thanks for taking the time to make it! (And I'm getting Tanteidan 21 now, so I can fold your Kabutomushi :D ).
Thanks! Haha, my beetle isn't even that complex anymore with the insane designs people are coming up with nowadays (though it was the longest diagram at the time.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

Yeah, people are making insane designs, but they aren't diagramming most of them. Are there any diagrammed models more complex than it (other than your Giganotosaurus of course)?
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
steingar

Post by steingar »

To be honest, I don't think there's much more complex stuff than Shuki's anywhere. Maybe Kamiya, maybe. But most people creating such technically advanced designs don't diagram, they communicate their designs in crease patterns.
PleatBox

Post by PleatBox »

Well, it would make sense. CPs are much easier to do compared to diagrams. But then we have people with very beautiful designs but don't release a CP at all :cry:
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

If I am correct, he released two books.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
thepaperzoo

Post by thepaperzoo »

Does anyone know where the space is for the sink in step 85 of the Bactrian camel by Shuki Kato? How do we get additional space for the camel’s hind leg!
Char

Post by Char »

thepaperzoo wrote:Does anyone know where the space is for the sink in step 85 of the Bactrian camel by Shuki Kato? How do we get additional space for the camel’s hind leg!
I don’t know much of the rules since I’m a noobie too, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t the right place to post that. I think you have to create a topic about the Bactrian Camel. I don’t have Shuki Kato’s Nature Study book, so sadly I cannot help. :cry: