Shuki Kato's book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
cowburger13

Re: Shuki Kato's book

Post by cowburger13 »

Nice! I love your insects especially. ;)
mummykicks

Post by mummykicks »

If you do include the ZD as a cp, some photos or steps showing how to collapse the leg/arm scales and the chest would really help. Doing it cleanly is extremely difficult...
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

origami-artist-galen wrote: Thanks! And I'll let you test fold at least one of the dinos when I come to that.
You've no idea how happy you just made me! :mrgreen:
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

mummykicks wrote:If you do include the ZD as a cp, some photos or steps showing how to collapse the leg/arm scales and the chest would really help. Doing it cleanly is extremely difficult...
That's an idea, or perhaps I could even use a photo of the collapsed base from all angles.
Raptorex55 wrote: You've no idea how happy you just made me! :mrgreen:
Glad to hear that. :)

I guess it's okay to reveal what I've been doing now, presently I'm folding the Flying Hercules Beetle originally designed in '05, I have 4 pages complete and decided it would be better to fold the thing first so I wouldn't need to edit the diagrams after the fact (kabutomushi). I've also redesigned my Root borer to give it longer legs and body as well as eyes and plan on folding that when the hercules beetle is put away.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

GASP!
The same one I bought right? Oh, I can't wait for those diagrams, this one really does rival kamiyas'!
origami-artist-galen

Thanks as always. I'm making a small modification to the hindwings and thorax, but otherwise it's pretty much the same model. The model has always had a color-change for the elytra with the wings staying black, however I've never folded the model with the right paper to reflect that, until now. 8)
origami-artist-galen

Okay, here's the final model guys:

cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

fantastic! Are those background sheets also o-gami?
origami-artist-galen

cowburger13 wrote:fantastic! Are those background sheets also o-gami?
Nope, the red background is VOG paper, the lighter blue is Tant, and the other one is the same unknown paper I used for the yellow triceratops. Basically, the paper had no description.
dragflash

Post by dragflash »

Hi Shuki Kato I've been following this thread and your work for a long time now, I have to say that you work it's just incredible, I can't wait for your book. I have a question about it, my favourite of your designs is the second version of the unit 01 of evangelion it's perfect, and I love Evangelion so I will love to have diagrams, so the question is, Do you plan to make diagrams for it, and put it in your book?

Keep being awesome men, Thank's a lot for all the sharing of your work, like the Western Dragon.

Take care.

Sorry if my english was bad.

Tomás König

Greets from Santiago, Chile.
origami-artist-galen

Hey, thank you very much and you didn't have to worry, for the most part your English is very good. As for the Eva diagrams, I probably won't diagram the model in the book, my plan was to publish them online much later. But I will diagram the model eventually, after all the Evanglelion TV Series is my favorite anime in the universe.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

origami-artist-galen wrote:After all the Evanglelion TV Series is my favorite anime in the universe.
We know. :wink:
I think you may have some copyright issues with that one though, as Brian Chan had to publish his iron man mask as, "armor mask". Anyways, good luck!
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

By the way, when you finish the diagram you are working on, can you post the final step here?
origami-artist-galen

cowburger13 wrote:
origami-artist-galen wrote:After all the Evanglelion TV Series is my favorite anime in the universe.
We know. :wink:
I think you may have some copyright issues with that one though, as Brian Chan had to publish his iron man mask as, "armor mask". Anyways, good luck!
Yeah, I know, I could say the same about the Ohmu as well, one reason I'd like to diagram as few of those as possible for the book. Now the zoanoid dragon is practically an original creature of mine, so that's not really a morale problem, but even there I'd feel better to rename it something else.

--Eva 1 = Giant Humanoid Model 01
--Ohmu = King Arthropod
--Zoanoid dragon = Enzyme Dragon
--Asuka = Awesome Anime Girl

Or something.

cowburger13 wrote:By the way, when you finish the diagram you are working on, can you post the final step here?
Of course;) I've finished about 80 steps by now.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

Merry Christmas! Take a break from diagramming and go be with your family :mrgreen: