Chupacabras?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Android raptor

Chupacabras?

Post by Android raptor »

I have sort of a facsination with cryptozoology, and I've seen an origami Nessie, so how about a Chupacabras? I've kind of designed one, but you have to glue on the spines (made out of two bird-bases). I want to design one from a single sheet, but I have no idea where to start :( . I need a base with a lot of points; one for the head, two for arms, two for legs, at least 7 for spines, and possibly a tail. I have never designed anything major, so HELP!
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

How about taking an existing design and adjusting it for your needs?

I think a Stegosaurus would be a good point to start because it should have all the points you need at the right places.

You can try starting with this:
Diagram for a simple Stegosaurus

Alternatively read your way through Origami Design Secrets by Robert Lang to learn how to design what you want from scratch :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

use the models of sea urchins for the back maybe...
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Since you've already designed the basic figure, take a look at its CP and figure out where the back of the model is, and decide where you want to put the spines. Add a bunch of grafts at those spots, and then refold the revised model.
Android raptor

Post by Android raptor »

Well, I don't think I can do that, because my existing one is just a variation on the beagle in "Origami Omnibus". I need an existing design with a similar body shape (a porcupine, maybe?). Hmmmm...