Where to buy seres de ficcion

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
mastermattdude

Where to buy seres de ficcion

Post by mastermattdude »

I am looking where I can buy seres de ficcion by Mario Adrados Netto, J. Anibal Voyer Iniesta but I can't where to buy it (online). I saw something on amazon.com. It was Dragons, Witches, and Other Fantasy Creatures in Origami by the same people. Is this the same book and if so are the diagrams as bad as the person who reviewed it says?(he says the diagrams are really dark)
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Where to buy seres de ficcion

Post by origami_8 »

Yes, it should be the same book.
mastermattdude wrote:are the diagrams as bad as the person who reviewed it says?(he says the diagrams are really dark)
He doesn´t say that the diagrams are bad, he speaks about the creatures in the book. They all belong to the dark side of magic (witches, dragons,...). About the quality of the diagrams isn´t written in the reviews, only that they are complex ones.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

If it is the same book, check Gilad's review at http://www.angelfire.com/art/gilad/BO_Seres.html
origamiphreak

Post by origamiphreak »

I found it on kimscrane at this link. I like the book the diagrams are nice and clear, easy to follow BUT most of the diagrams are on the complex to very complex side.

http://www.kimscrane.com/books3/ficcion.html
mastermattdude

Post by mastermattdude »

However, the main reason I rated the book rather low is that the figures are very hard to see since they are printed in a very dark ink, and the instructions are, in many instances, almost impossible to see. It would have helped greatly if the diagrams were not printed so darkly -- indeed, the sample pages given when ordering are NOT what is seen.
If you go onto amazon.com and search Dragons, Witches, and Other Fantasy Creatures in Origami and go down then the person said that the diagrams are dark. Did anyone buy this version of seres de ficion? If not I will probably get it anyways.
here is a link to the page http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/048644 ... oding=UTF8
nat

Post by nat »

Have anyone bought this book yet?

Is the diagram bad/dark like the review says? I really cant find the original seres de ficcion book anywhere else, and so this is pretty much the last option...
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I bought it and as far as I can tell, the diagrams are readable. The gray-tone of the drawings varies over the whole book but is never that dark, that you can´t see the crease-lines.
The only thing that is too dark in my opinion are the photographs showing which models the next part of the book contains, but that´s not really so important I think.
The book contains some very nice models and is well worth buying.
mastermattdude

Post by mastermattdude »

O yes I forgot about this post! I bought this book a while ago and it is very nice and none of the pictures are bad.