who is the best at origami?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Andre-4

Re: who is the best at origami?

Post by Andre-4 »

There are alot more original and complex models for me I'm beginner to intermediate so Fumiaki Kawahata .Simply because his diagrams are clear and uncluttered .and he doesn't do unnecessary fanciness.Eric Joisel I know what ppl see in him but his models are sinister and very other century .He looked as if he was dabbling in the supernatural.
There are many c.ps that are good takes of erosion but the folding part is beyond my level .I'm trying to do a model well instead of rusHong.I long to be able to do Robert Lang Tessellation ...Victoria Serov a beetles..it's an exciting time for the art.It manifests good things too although there's much pessimism about those that did young
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Joisel was a professional artist who began doing Origami comparative later in life, so he brought significant experience and creativity to his work. If you search for the posts about his dwarf, you'll see some open-ended 'step-by-step' guidance. I believe that once you have completely your own expression of his dwarf, you'll understand and feel more enchanted (rather than cursed ;-) ) his his designs and instructions ... with a goal towards personal creativity...
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

HankSimon wrote:Joisel was a professional artist who began doing Origami comparative later in life, so he brought significant experience and creativity to his work. If you search for the posts about his dwarf, you'll see some open-ended 'step-by-step' guidance. I believe that once you have completely your own expression of his dwarf, you'll understand and feel more enchanted (rather than cursed ;-) ) his his designs and instructions ... with a goal towards personal creativity...
They evoke a Toulouse Lautrec meets Lord of the rings quality...they are also quite Dickensian...the portly Barr all bellies men..and impossibly pin thin women...
I did not try to infer anyone was cursed either