What's your nickname about ?!

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

So you know Sanskrit? Awesome!
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
childofsai

Post by childofsai »

I tend to sing/chant a lot in Sanskrit, so I know "snippets" :)
ttulabel

Post by ttulabel »

ttula = tarantula, minus some letters, because i keep tarantulas. and i've never put in ttula for a nick anywhere and had it been already in use, so i like it because of that too. :)
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

So what about the "bel"?
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
Bumblefoot

Post by Bumblefoot »

My name really came about as Bumblefoot (or Ron Thal) is a favourite guitarist of mine, and it tends to always be available on any sites I use :D
ttulabel

Post by ttulabel »

Oh, I forgot about that part...it's just a 'bel'.
Cephalopod

Post by Cephalopod »

My name is self-explanotary. Look it up on wikipedia :P
Visit my flickr gallery! Please :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38104997@N08/
steampunkgrrrl

Post by steampunkgrrrl »

I'm into steampunk.
Sometimes we mistake what we wish for with what is.
SenorTortuga

Post by SenorTortuga »

I have a pet turtle that occasionally wears a sombrero.
Tymalous

Post by Tymalous »

I read an interresting book and liked the name of one of the main characters, Tymalous Autumnstar, and so i went looking for it on the internet, couldn't find anyone else who used it already, so i just 'used' it
besides i just had another idea for a nickname, clockwork apple, do yo think thats a good one?
paperlion

Post by paperlion »

A lion is my astrological sign. Leo, in other words. I would have chosen "PaperTiger" , Tiger being me Zodiac symbol, but someone had taken it. Paper is self explanatory :lol: Anyway, you get Paperlion!
"When I'm lying in my bed, I think about life and I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me"

-Morrissey
phoenyx
Location: A little town in the middle of nowhere where I can fold undisturbed... I'm not telling you where!

Post by phoenyx »

phoenyx is to symbolize life after death because a phoenix is born again in its dying flames. it keys in to the whole eternity thing... i spell it with a "y" because "y" is the essential question in life. My real name is Madison Elaine Epona Hostetter but i combine it to Elainapona. maybe that should have been my nickname. cupcake I would never doubt your sexuality... and if you were "that way" rest assured i for one wouldnt care. Stealth claw 343 is my boyfriend and his name comes from the warrior cats books. Yes i do know him real life not into the inet date thing. before you say cat books are stupid, we only 14.
:oops: :wink: :D
hi stealthclaw343 :!: :D

Phoenix is an Egyptian mythological bird of red, gold and purple plumage, colors of the rising sun. The phoenix, symbolizing rebirth and resurrection, died in the fire of the funeral pyre, but arose from the ashes. “At the top of a palm tree a bird’s nest catches fire. It has been ignited by a spark struck from the hooves of celestial steeds drawing the chariot of Ra, the Egyptian sun god. Amid the flames a beautiful Arabian bird extends its golden neck and purple wings, but instead of flying off, it dances. Eventually, it is consumed by the fire and reduced to ashes…but this is not the end. Indeed, it is only the beginning-for five hundred years later a new bird is reborn from the ashes. It seals the remains of the nest in myrrh, wraps it in aromatic leaves, and molds it into the shape of an egg. It carries this as a sacred offering to the temple of the sun at Heliopolis, and then flies away to paradise. Five hundred years later it returns to earth, where it begins again the cycle of self-immolation and resurrection-a process that continues forever.” The Thatchers placed the phoenix in the theatre to symbolize the rebirth of the theatre in Cache Valley with the fall of the Thatcher Opera House and the “rising” of the Capitol Theatre.
:wink:
Take time to talk like a pirate today.
NoahRatcl

Post by NoahRatcl »

Well, my name is Noah Ratcliffe, so I picked my nickname to be NoahRatcl. How simple!
Keep folding!
-Noah
My Flickr
Draco

Post by Draco »

anyone heard of the movie dragonheart? as a kid i loved dragons..... i watched the movie and one scene stood out.... when Bowen names the dragon "Draco" after the constellation Draco the dragon
though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light, for i have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night
philipinorigami101

Post by philipinorigami101 »

well, if mine isn't clear already, i'm a Philippino who does origami. and yes, i did spell Philippino on my username wrong.