Cool

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
bnm70

Cool

Post by bnm70 »

I leveled up in a week after i started using the forum. :D
Origami is like food. You can love it and be obese. Or you can hate it and be and be a"cute". Or you can be a fail and your just that. A fail. Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/76647015@N08/?saved=1
Baltorigamist

Re: Cool

Post by Baltorigamist »

That's nothing to be proud of. The importance lies only in helping people and participating in intelligent discussion
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

thats true, but a lot of people here doesn't seem to know the difference between quality and quantity :?
but never forget.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

I have 850+ posts after being registered on the forum for 7 months... and 90% of my posts are helping people and participating in discussions, the other 10% are me asking questions.
I don't care how high the postcount is, actually, i don't even pay attention to it.
and hahaha, chris :D
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
bnm70

Post by bnm70 »

I know. I only post when people ask things. I just try to be helpful.
Origami is like food. You can love it and be obese. Or you can hate it and be and be a"cute". Or you can be a fail and your just that. A fail. Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/76647015@N08/?saved=1
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

phillipcurl wrote:I have 850+ posts after being registered on the forum for 7 months... and 90% of my posts are helping people and participating in discussions, the other 10% are me asking questions.
I don't care how high the postcount is, actually, i don't even pay attention to it.
and hahaha, chris :D
Don't be so sure. I'd say at least 50% of your comments can be grouped into a "pointless" catagory. I looked through your posts and it's mostly true.

I have 452 posts and I have been here since 2009 as a member. So please do not act like you are blameless.

Of course majority of us can be blamed for spam at least once. Not saying I am blameless but I cannot stand when people come on thinking that they have a sense of seniority over the others. You make 5 posts a day? I swear that that's a fair chunk of the daily posts on the whole forum.

Hint to people who want to cut back on garbage posts, PMs are wonderful for compliments and personal questions. Use the PM system well.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

thats participating in discussion, is it not? xD
and yes, that is true although... quite a bit of them were not needed. I'm cutting down on that, but i would bet that quite a lot of those pointless posts are from the first month when i signed up.
and i'm not saying i'm blameless either. i don't post 5 times a day anymore, probably 2-3...
not as much as before.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

I think the important thing is that we stop thinking of our post count as something that needs to be "leveled up." This is not a video game, it's a forum, and what matters is the discussion. Honestly, I pay little attention to post counts. What I DO notice are the people who have a tendency to spam. If the majority of your posts add little or nothing to the conversation, this is what leaves a lasting impression on readers. Building a bad reputation renders a post count meaningless.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

exactly. you made a very good point with that.
in my opinion, they should just completely disable post counts and levels...it would stop giving children incentives to post their asses off. just an idea.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

LeafPiece wrote:I think the important thing is that we stop thinking of our post count as something that needs to be "leveled up." This is not a video game, it's a forum, and what matters is the discussion. Honestly, I pay little attention to post counts. What I DO notice are the people who have a tendency to spam. If the majority of your posts add little or nothing to the conversation, this is what leaves a lasting impression on readers. Building a bad reputation renders a post count meaningless.
Hear! Hear! Well Said!
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!