Pokemon!!

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Harpseal
Buddha

Re: Pokemon!!

Post by Harpseal »

Dratini is for less- you can catch it elsewhere. All of them are for less in leafgreen than firered. I have leafgreen, my sister has/had firered. We used to link a lot. I should know.
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

He was right. its 9999 for a porygon in the game corner, at least in Blue. but no one plays that anymore except me. But since leafgreen/firered are remakes of blue/green/red, then its the same.

Harpseal, if i lived any less than 5000 miles away from the UK, i would come over there and trade with you. my emerald team is amazing. in leafgreen, though, i traded all the starters from other games when i started, and they apparently all have this ability that gets them bonus EXP. So yeah, they are all in there 30's and not even at the 4th gym.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

The 4th gym is a bit more complicated than the rest- that makes sense. I do silph co. Rival battle and giovanni, gym 4, gym 5, gym 6 and sometimes the safari zone to get the hm at the end (not really a battle) often in the same space of 20 minutes. I say normally because i've had the game for so long, and it's been deleted so much i know just how to do everything and when. It's frustrating how sad it seems, but unfortunately practice makes permenant however useful or otherwise.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
TheUnChosenOne

Post by TheUnChosenOne »

Dratini is only (or so rare that it basically is) availabe at game corner in 1st gen, in 2nd gen they are about 15% rarity in dragons den in blackthorn. I wouldn't know the rest because I only have 1st and 2nd gen.
"No problem is so big or complicated that it can't be run away from."
--Charles Schulz
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

TheUnChosenOne wrote:Dratini is only (or so rare that it basically is) availabe at game corner in 1st gen, in 2nd gen they are about 15% rarity in dragons den in blackthorn. I wouldn't know the rest because I only have 1st and 2nd gen.
oh my goodness...another 1st and 2nd gen player...
i didn't know many more still existed. have you figured out the mew glitch in r/b/y? its pretty well known, look it up if you don't know it.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
TheUnChosenOne

Post by TheUnChosenOne »

yes, to duplicate items at seafoam (?) islands! you go up and down the coast and the unknown number pokemon appears. mewtwo also appears there much more often (like maybe it's 0.01%, it goes to 0.05%)

Also, i dont really like the next gens. i mean, i cant even remember half of the pokemon. it turns into something like this, "oh look a pokemon! i wonder if its rare or not. oops i killed it." then you find out it was some type of legendary or something. 2nd gen pokemon are already enough to keep me checking online.
--Charles Schulz
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

What, so if you go along the coast of seafoam and rare pokemon just turn up? Do you have to go backwards and forwards, or just past it, oh wait, you can't surf the coast! What do you mean? Is this only blue and red .ect ?
I always get my dratini stronger from the safari zone. Sometimes i find and catch a dragonair as well. I never do the league without a dragonite.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
TheUnChosenOne

Post by TheUnChosenOne »

yes. you surf up and down the "ridge" thing, basically, as close to land as possible without getting onto land. and you have to surf directly between the two mini mountains, all the way across, and start at fuschia, go to the coast and surf to seafoam. Also, it only works in 1st gen (i think).

rare pokemon do NOT show up. just mew and mewtwo (if you are extremely lucky) and maybe a tentacool or two. those things are annoying!

I don't think you can go to johto in fr/lg (?) for the dragons den

I have a cousin who has red (doesn't play anymore) and a long time ago, he was duplicating his master ball at seafoam, and just when he got started, mewtwo showed up! But he only had one master ball still, and he ran. SERIOUSLY. That was definitely the most stupid I've ever seen anyone do in any situation in pokemon including killing lugia. wouldn't you agree? Btw his username here is rwzheng1997, if you want you can search him up and ask him about it. he'll probably deny though
--Charles Schulz
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

using the "old man" glitch, i got level 100+ of everything to appear, plus some glitch trainers.

click here to read about it.

i love blue/red because of the glitches :P
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
TheUnChosenOne

Post by TheUnChosenOne »

I don't think I would risk glitching up my entire game to catching some glitchy pokemon.

In one of the other games, I remember if you get a few negative berries (not sure how, it's another glitch in the game) and feed it to an eevee until it gets negative health and stats, then the next time you use it in battle, it will be invisible, have the shiny star thing, and will make the cry of a bulbasaur, hence its name, the Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur glitch.
--Charles Schulz
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Only in red and blue i'm assuming. You don't get the seviie islands in either of them. Still, good glitches, also, can r+b trade with fr+lg? Or at least link?
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
TheUnChosenOne

Post by TheUnChosenOne »

I think so, but only with original 150 pokemon and original moves/items. The pokemon can't be holding anything either.
--Charles Schulz
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Ok. Just yesterday, i got access to an emerald game, and another person with a wireless adapter. That'll come in dead handy.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

TheUnChosenOne wrote:I don't think I would risk glitching up my entire game to catching some glitchy pokemon.

In one of the other games, I remember if you get a few negative berries (not sure how, it's another glitch in the game) and feed it to an eevee until it gets negative health and stats, then the next time you use it in battle, it will be invisible, have the shiny star thing, and will make the cry of a bulbasaur, hence its name, the Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur glitch.
must have been g/s/c, as you cannot get shiny pokemon in r/b/y. they made the games compatible by making shiny pokemon based off stats in the 2nd gen. the chance of finding one is g/s/c is over 8200, in the newer games only 2864 or something like that.

TheUnChosenOne wrote:I think so, but only with original 150 pokemon and original moves/items. The pokemon can't be holding anything either.
and by this is you mean red and blue, the answer is no. 1st and 2nd gen are compatible, cannot trade to other games. 3rd and 4th gen are compatible, but no trading between the generations. only migration from 3rd gen upwards.5th gen is technically compatible with everything from the 3rd gen forward but you cannot trade back, and only migrate from the 4th gen.

1st/2nd gen are the only generations where you can trade between the two - not just migrate.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

:? :?:
I think you confused me. The fact that i'm not sure makes it even worse.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami