Help with the Name of a Bach Composition

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Lephantome92

Help with the Name of a Bach Composition

Post by Lephantome92 »

In orchestra, we're playing several different cues while several voice actors (VAs) narrate Number 13 by M.R. James. We're not playing non-stop throughout; there are separate parts that are just the VAs, VAs with orchestra, and some parts that are just orchestra. Anyways, about halfway through the cues, a part of one of said cues contains part of a Bach composition portraying the fall of man. I know the director told us what the excerpt was from, but I forget. I try to remember to ask him where it's from, but I never think about it during rehearsals at all. Here's a bit of a description that I can remember from when horns are resting:
Cellos are doing octaves, in that they play a note, then play it down an octave, representing the fall.
A little later on, the violins come in with a winding line representing the snake.

With Google, I wasn't able to find anything. The most I seemed to be able to find was works for organ, and when I listened to them, it wasn't it. I also found a piece that was about 14 minutes long that had a man and woman singing, but that wasn't it, either.
Baltorigamist

Re: Help with the Name of a Bach Composition

Post by Baltorigamist »

It would help if you could record that specific part and link us to it.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

Johann Sebastian Bach - Durch Adams Fall ist ganz verderbt (BWV 637)?
My Flickr

FlareglooM
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Baltorigamist wrote:It would help if you could record that specific part and link us to it.
I'll see if I can sneakily record it at all, not sure though. Hopefully i can, since we only have one rehearsal before the actual performance, and there's no way i'm trying during that
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

i'm not sure which i should record-our last rehearsal or during the actual thing. idk if we're gonna just go straight through w/ all our pieces then call it done for the day at rehearsal or do separate sections. We have 1.5 hours to practice, but the whole piece takes about 50 minutes, and we're only doing one other piece. The concert is part of 3 in our winter music festival, and it costs $10 for a ticket, but if you go to another performance, you can take your first ticket to the box office and get a free ticket for subsequent concerts this weekend. Though the director had mentioned previously about broadcasting it on the radio...

I'm thinking just do the rehearsal, but if we are broadcasting it, I'll get a recording from the concert (No promises on just how good the quality will be, it'll be on my ipod in my pocket, and I'm 2nd horn, so horn parts will likely be quite prominent no matter where I put it.)
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

darn. i listened to the recording, and it was just horrible, way too muffled to make much of anything else.