Speculations on upcoming pokemon announcement

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Lephantome92

Speculations on upcoming pokemon announcement

Post by Lephantome92 »

As most of you, my fellow pokemon fans, have heard, there will be some sort of global announcement about the future of pokemon in only a few days (you can watch a live stream right here tomorrow, or wait until 1/8 and check the main pokemon site)

anyways, what do you guys think may be in this huge announcement?
i personally think that if it is a game announcement, it will be for the 3DS. just think, they have all 600+ pokemon rendered in 3d now due to pokedex 3d pro. i also think that originally they were going to make the games after B/W (before B/W 2 was announced) for 3ds because they set up a gen V pokedex 3d, but for some reason or another, that idea got scrapped
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Re: Speculations on upcoming pokemon announcement

Post by GWB origami »

i just checked and you're right! this is very exciting! i know there is going to be a new card set called Plasma Storm so could that be it? it might be big because they're going to add a new thing. they're making "Team Plasma's pokemon"
one card is here Image
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

it could also be a new mini movie as indicated here Image
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

GWB origami wrote:it could also be a new mini movie as indicated here Image
:shock:
while that truly has some very amazing motive behind it (and i mean that!), i don't think a mini-movie would be cause for a global announcement, though maybe it could be the start of a 6th gen. still, i think what the "next evolution to the Pokemon world" could only be is a travel to the 3ds, though there's also a high chance i'm wrong. i forget where, but somewhere i read that morimoto said he wanted to stay in 2d for a long time, but that may somehow have multiple meanings to it

is anyone fluent in japanese and word etymology that we could get a bit of insight to the title? i tried referencing a syllable chart to at least get it down, but that failed
GWB origami
Forum Sensei

Post by GWB origami »

it was news about a sixth generation coming out this october! the starters are:
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie

it's called pokemon X and Y and it has really awesome legendaries
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

GWB origami wrote:it was news about a sixth generation coming out this october! the starters are:
Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie

it's called pokemon X and Y and it has really awesome legendaries
i know, right?!?! right now i'm thinking that, just for the irony because i'm a guy, that i'll get pokemon y, unless x has the epic red legendary they showed.

looking at the end, i'm wondering if now they're giving verizion seasonal forms, or, like the legendary v5 trio, they just look similar, but aren't

i want to see the final forms, but right now, i'm thinking about getting fennekin (mainly because he looks better, and also he has an awesome play on words (fennec fox))
GWB origami
Forum Sensei

Post by GWB origami »

i'm pretty sure the re one is for Y and the deer is for X
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

dang, the more i look at froaker, the cuter he starts to look
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

GWB origami wrote:i'm pretty sure the re one is for Y and the deer is for X
well, i looked at serebii.net this morning as per my regular routine, and the verizion-not-verizion pokemon is Xerneas, and the phoenix/dragon pokemon is Yveltal. definitely getting y!!
GWB origami
Forum Sensei

Post by GWB origami »

Yvetal sure is cool but i'm waiting until they reveal more about them.