Taking a break...

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
phillipcurl

Taking a break...

Post by phillipcurl »

Hey guys. If you haven't noticed, I haven't been very active in the forum for several months now. Some things have happened in my life recently, and I haven't had enough time to be focused on moderating and participating on the forum. I'm going to be taking a break for about a month, so you won't see many (if any) posts from me until may 17th. I'm sorry to leave all that moderation to you, Anna, as I know the others have kinda abandoned you likewise, but I will be on every now and again to help you out.

Anyways, I'll try to come on once a week and respond to messages/posts, but it isn't guaranteed. Not like anyone cares, I just thought it would be good to let you guys know before I disappear for a few weeks :)

Thanks for your understanding.
- Phillip
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Timoris

Re: Taking a break...

Post by Timoris »

Is it because I just came back?
Was It something I said?

I'm sorry! :cry:

(I wish you the best of luck)
IG : irrational.pleats - Sometimes I post here
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Sorry to hear. Hopefully your life will become easier. I wish you all the best.

For everyone else:
There might be some delays with new posts getting approved between May 12 and 19 because I might not have access to the Internet at that time. I will try to get online and approve as many posts as possible but please don't get discouraged if they stay in the moderation queue for a few days. They will be approved as soon as I get access to the Internet again.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Haha, no Timoris, it is not. Thanks for your support, both of you!
Anna- i will try and be back by then, not sure how academy will be going at that time though.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
spiritofcat

Post by spiritofcat »

Have a good break, Phil.
I know what it's like. I've disappeared from this forum for months or even years at a time, and that's without any pressure of moderator responsibilities.
origami_8 wrote:Sorry to hear. Hopefully your life will become easier. I wish you all the best.

For everyone else:
There might be some delays with new posts getting approved between May 12 and 19 because I might not have access to the Internet at that time. I will try to get online and approve as many posts as possible but please don't get discouraged if they stay in the moderation queue for a few days. They will be approved as soon as I get access to the Internet again.
Is that just for new and low post-count members? I've never seen any kind of delay in my posts showing up.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

The first three posts of each new member need to be approved by a moderator before they become visible to everyone else. This is to prevent Spammers and works fairly well. Usually all posts on this Forum get approved within a day. Posts of members that have more than four posts are visible immediate after they send them, without further approval. It can happen though that if a moderator thinks the post is inappropriate, useless, wrong in some way (f.e. not working links) or lost its value due to other conditions (f.e. because the post it relates to was removed), we still have the possibility to edit or delete it, but that happens rather seldom.
Timoris

Post by Timoris »

Hypothetical question (read: non serious)

What if New-Age hipsters suddenly agree that "origami" is the next "photography"and has high praise for its meditative qualities - storm this forum en-mass (Afterall, A-list celebrities like Lang, Ku, O.H. ... and others frequent it. Why wouldn't they come here?).

What happens then? Hundreds of new members a day! Will we move to more automated forms of approval, or keep it as it is because, you know, New-Age Hipsters.

Tl;dr

What are the plans in the case of popular expansion?
Last edited by Timoris on April 13th, 2013, 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
IG : irrational.pleats - Sometimes I post here
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

That seems, to say the least, most unlikely to me. But for the implausible case that something like this should ever happen, I'd most probably appoint another moderator or two. Well, but right now it's pretty easy to keep up with approving all new posts (and deleting all the Spammers), takes me hardly ten minutes a day.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Alright guys, got my drivers license over with, so I'm back now. Finals are coming up in a few weeks so I'll be gone then to... oh well.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip