Real synthesizer or FL Studio?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

FL Studio Or A Real Synthesizer?

FL Studio
25%
Real Synthesizer
75%
Something Else That Isn't Just For An Apple (please post below if choosing this to say what)
No votes

Total votes: 4

Harpseal
Buddha

Real synthesizer or FL Studio?

Post by Harpseal »

I'm saving up for one o two things, but I need some suggestions on what to get. Do I get a real keyboard synthesizer (non-modular, polyphonic, something clever, flashy and relatively cheap), and if so, what type of synthesizer? Anyone got a synthesizer that they'd recommend?
Or do I just get FL studio? (at time of posting, V11) I want to write my own music, mainly dramatic-sounding electronic stuff, recording some things like guitar parts, but I can't keep going on what I've got.
Which one to get?
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
camicazi

Re: Real synthesizer or FL Studio?

Post by camicazi »

I think you should go ask this in some other forum that is more about music, I think they could give better answers than we can here
FoldSkate

Re: Real synthesizer or FL Studio?

Post by FoldSkate »

I've done a lot of work with Fl Studio 10 pro. It really depends on what you're trying to do. For what you want I would recoment Fl Studio as it can do all those things you want. Synthesizers are harder to learn to use and (not sure) are probably more expensive. I've made a few dubstep songs in FL and it's really fun once you know what you're doing. I think you're the only person who actually pays for Fl lol but be sure not to get the cheap packages. They are a lot cheaper but they have gimmics such as not being able to use piano roll. You absolutely need piano roll for almost everything. Over all I recomend Fl especially since you are probably a beginner. I have a synthesizer and I have no idea how to use it lol