Why is Politics not wanted

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

saj

Post by saj »

No intention of starting a flame war!

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
sashadensikoff

Post by sashadensikoff »

Do you mean within this forum, stuckie27?

You obviously haven't been part of an actual club (like that you actually "go" to, physically) or or haven't been part of a club for long enough.

I have been involved in a couple of clubs for years now (not both at once), and I have been dragged into the exec side of things both times, and experienced "politcs" first hand.

Politics is the mud that gets you bogged in the road when you are trying to get uphill, and is not desirable. It just makes everyone dirty, grumpy and tired of the whole thing.

It's not fun, it's not exciting, it drains you mentally, and is to be avoided at all costs.

That is why politics is not wanted.

These are the words of long experience. Please take my word for it.
aesthetistician

Post by aesthetistician »

Do you mean in-club politics where poeple argue with each other about the best way to do something and everyone ends up with hurt feelings over something incredibly trivial? Or do you mean why we don't argue about government policy as well as our favourite films/books/lollipops?
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

This thread is nearly 4 years old >_>. Stuckie rarely visits the forum, last post being feburary. Well, as the saying goes anyway, politics and religion aren't something to discuss in polite company.