Jokes!

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Jokes!

Post by Swapnil Das »

Hi! This topic's all about jokes! :lol: :lol: there isn't any limitation to jokes so fire off! joke all you want! especially made-up jokes. it can be any type of jokes. let it be a, knock-knock joke, origami joke, whatever you want!

To start it off, here's on: What do you say to a really windy fan? FANtastic! :P
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Re: Jokes!

Post by Swapnil Das »

Here's one: Wy was 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 8 9. :lol: Saying it out loud helps get the joke. :wink:

JWorigamist

Post by JWorigamist »

How about this one: That origami model looks horrible! Were you blindfolding again?
Or this one: As you fold an origami model the detail is in-creased with every fold.
Maybe this one: I asked my brother fold the force for my Jedi and he folded a horse.
This one is different: Crease patterns hate scissors because they cut in line.
This is a clever one: And then the origami god of thunder threatened the scissors, "If you harm me I will unleash my power 10 fold!"

Here is a Lego joke: When the Lego aliens came they said, "Assemble us!" "We come in pieces!"

And back to the origami jokes: Darn origami werewolf! It gave me a paper cut! And even worse the origami shark will smell the blood and give me another paper cut!

This is funny: So I tried to scare my friend with an origami spider and when he saw it, he smashed it and guts came out! Oops, wrong spider they were both so realistic.

I will write some more later!
Ouch! Are you okay? Well...let's see.. advanced box-pleating techniques, Satoshi Kamiya, yeah I'm good. If you fall down nine times get up ten times.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice jokes!

Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

Nice jokes, JWorigamist! If you get a paper cut from an origami werewolf do you turn into a werewolf? Here's a blonde joke I heard, I don't mean this to be offensive at all by the way.

So a brunet, red-head, and a blonde are running from the cops. They go into an abandoned building to hide. They realize the cops are right outside, so they each climb in their own burlap sacks to hide. The cops come in and find the bags. They kick the first one with the brunet in it and she says "woof!" So they think its a dog. They go on and kick the one with the red-head in it and she says "meow". So they think its a cat. They go on to kick the one with the blonde in it. She says:
PO-TAT-OE!
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Lololo, good one, acorn man! Haha!

EM origami

Post by EM origami »

Did you hear about the Origami Business? It folded... LOL :mrgreen:
- EM origami
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

I've been coming up with jokes lately (I've sometimes considered doing stand-up, but I'm a bit too shy/ my jokes are sometimes out in left field). Unfortunately, they are dark and adult in nature, so I can't share many.

Here's a tame one. I was writing about various religions.

Hephaestus was the Greek god of fire and blacksmiths. It was said that when Zeus thought Athena into being, Hera grew jealous and tried to do the same. While Athena was beautiful and wise, Hephaestus was hideous and deformed, a testament to what women REALLY imagine when they think about men.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Cute! If you're over 21, there are a number of nearby comedy clubs that have amateur night. Most comics are shy. Successful standup comics may not have the best jokes, but they adapt , learn from their MANY mistakes, and grow a thick skin. They also develop a routine and a persona to give the jokes context. Think how easy it is to imitate the younger Woody Allen and Bill Cosby etc. It's their persona. If you listen to the TOP comics, Kimmel, Leno, Degeneres, and so on, they ALL have one common practice. Each one has said that they like to go back to the clubs to test out material ... to see what doesn't work, and sometimes to bomb... before they bring their material to TV. So, go to an amateur Club, leave your ego outside, expect to bomb, and have some trusted friends videotape you. Also, watch some of the other amateurs, and professionals to learn from their mannerisms, patter, and timing. "99% of winning is just showing up!"
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Sorry I haven't checked up on this topic. Loving all the jokes so far!

Here's one: What does the road eat for breatkfast? Traffic JAM. :P

JWorigamist

Post by JWorigamist »

Swapnil Das wrote:Sorry I haven't checked up on this topic. Loving all the jokes so far!

Here's one: What does the road eat for breatkfast? Traffic JAM. :P
Yeah it has been a long time since I have been on here. In fact the whole forum! I still got to set up my gallery! #-o

So then more jokes!

OW! I hit my folding bone!

What's with the rock? It's not a rock; it is crumpled VOG.

Mulberry paper? Sounds tasty! :P

True story (no joke though it is funny); I set out to fold the Ryujin 3.5. When I did I decided to practice the scales first. I only use my folding bone for creasing, never had to use the pointy end. So when I started on the scales; I found out what the pointy end was for! Origami-duh! (origamido) :D
Ouch! Are you okay? Well...let's see.. advanced box-pleating techniques, Satoshi Kamiya, yeah I'm good. If you fall down nine times get up ten times.
raden_pak_1217

Post by raden_pak_1217 »

Do you want to hear a joke about pizza?
Nevermind, it's too cheesy.

Do you want to hear a joke about exercise?
Nevermind, it won't work out.

Do you want to hear a joke about jump rope?
-Nah, I'll skip.

Do you want to hear a joke about construction?
Nevermind, I'm still working on it.

And I saved the best for last:
Do you want to hear a joke about kirigami?
Nevermind, it's tearable!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Jeremy Shafer is probably the closest to an origami comedian. Here are some jokes written by him:
http://www.barf.cc/jeremy/origami/jokes/jokes.htm

Why did the old man fall down the well? Because he couldn't see that well.

Also, the longest joke in the world:
http://longestjokeintheworld.com/
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Can cardboard box?
-No, but trash can.

Why don't short people like comedy?
-All the jokes go right over their heads.

On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your favorite color in the alphabet?

What's the difference between an orange...?
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
MotherOfThree

Post by MotherOfThree »

Let me tell you a (pretty lame) chemistry joke:
Yesterday, there was a Radon our local laboratories. Six guys had been Xenon stealing gas bottles with which they Krypton and away. The police said: „Five of the thieves Argon, but one hit his Neon, so we could stop him. Unfortunately, Helium is too noble to cooperate.“
:lol: #-o

This one is also origami relevant:
Q: "Why is this tesselation so sticky?"
A: "Because it's by MC Escher!"