ಠ_ಠ

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Acorn Man

ಠ_ಠ

Post by Acorn Man »

So in a bored daze, I just searched origami on Youtube. I've done it before, and Rob's World or Jaremy Shafer usually comes up. The I saw this. It looks like a German (or some language other than English) gaming video. I was so mad when I saw this. It is the first result. How is it that a stupid gaming video that was uploaded ONE day ago come before years of amazo g origami uploads? It seems rediculous to me. I also don't see how this "Origami Owl" jewelry store can come before anything else, especially this forum. We should try to do something. The link for the video is below.

http://youtu.be/qN0rZe5EwdE
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
origami_8
Administrator

Re: ಠ_ಠ

Post by origami_8 »

According to Google Translate it is Polish.

Usually the search algorithms work on a click counting basis. So the only way to bring up better results would be, that all users searching for Origami do not click this video link but click on other, better Origami related links instead. Since you can not change the behaviour of all users worldwide and even made the mistake of clicking on the link yourself, I guess there is nothing we can really do then to wait for the algorithm to check that people who search for Origami want to see other things.
By the way, it probably helps getting better results if you add a second search term like instruction or the model you want instructions for.
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

The game the person is playing is Heavy Rain. The reason why it was the first result was because the game's primary antagonist is a serial killer who leaves a parajita at the scene of his crime, garnering him the name "The Origami Killer."

origami_8 is incorrect, YouTube used to be click based, but switched to a formula that registers how much of a video you watch. Since gaming videos are longer than others, and come in sets, they get the most watch time, hence why gaming exploded on YouTube in the recent years. You can watch this video for a better explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMqhEMhVV8

In all honesty, you should be happy that this was a prominent result. This game was and still is highly popular, and interest in its lore could bring many people who had previously not been interested in our medium closer.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Heavy rain is was got me into origami in the first place. When you bought the game there was a square piece of paper inside. When you loaded the game there where instructions on how to fold the pajarita on screen while the downloaded an update. Brilliant I think. After folding this I started searching for more origami. The rest is history.
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

So although I was okay with this, I'm not okay with the new so-called "origami condom."

That's all we need, for the general populace to equate the word origami with sex and nothing else.