Gift container

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
sanani

Gift container

Post by sanani »

I made 1000 cranes for a gift, and am looking for ideas for a container or a way to store/display them. I don't want to string them up since I'm not fond of the idea of putting holes through them if we later decide to display them differently. One idea I saw that I like was someone glued small cranes onto an art canvas, but again I'd like no permanent damage to them.

I once made 1000 small cranes and they fit nicely in 4 small glass containers that I like, but these are bigger (paper size 6"x6") and currently sitting in an 18"x12"x12"x paper box. I've been looking for a large glass bowl or a nice vase, but nothing I like yet, I'll keep looking.

Have you made or found a creative container for your 1000 cranes? If so, I'd like to see what that looks like. Thanks.
Augustus Agamemnon

Re: Gift container

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

I tried to do a 1000 cranes once, but only got to around 500. But anyway, you could make a 3d origami vase, which is very cool but not all the cranes would not be seen. You don't have a lot of options to display them, but I understand what you mean.