Music Recommendation Thread

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Baltorigamist

Music Recommendation Thread

Post by Baltorigamist »

I didn't see anything similar to this, so why not have a thread where people can recommend songs and artists according to what others are looking for?

Personally, I've been getting into EDM for the last few months, but I can't stand when the lyrics are even somewhat vulgar in nature. So I'm looking for some good "clean" (but without rapping) / instrumental electronic music.
For ideas of what I've found already that I like, there are the albums Exodus by Andy Hunter and Dog House by X-Ray Dog as well as "Monody" by TheFatRat and "Adagio" by Tiesto.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, and let's hear what kind of music you guys are looking for. (:
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Re: Music Recommendation Thread

Post by myself »

Good thread! The first tracks that come to mind are Solarstone - Seven Cities (Atlantis mix), Ferry Corsten - Beautiful, Push - Universal Nation and my favourite, Sasha - Xpander. Lots of trance classics sound similar to Adagio For Strings.

I'd like to know some more thrash metal songs or albums myself. I really like the 'Master of Puppets' and '...And Justice For All' albums by Metallica. Any suggestions?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I'm not familiar with Metallica myself, but my favorite thrash album by far is Thegodmachine by Phinehas. Beyond that, I don't listen to much thrash.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. I'll check them out.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Post by myself »

I gave the god machine a proper listen yesterday. It wasn't exactly what I'm looking for and I thought it was getting a bit monotonous near the end, but I still liked it, thanks.

Also I'm thinking of making a similar thread for movies if this thread is succesful. Anyone interested?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

myself wrote:Solarstone - Seven Cities (Atlantis mix), Ferry Corsten - Beautiful, Push - Universal Nation and my favourite, Sasha - Xpander
I've only recently had the chance to listen to the Solarstone and Sasha tracks (actually an album or two from each), and they were good but also not quite what I was looking for. Thanks, though, and I'll look into the other two artists when I get the chance.

About a possible movie thread--I'm not a movie person, but I'm not opposed to the idea, either.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

i like To listen To music reviews on Youtube Plus comments section OF current Or past albums i bought cause those guys know their stuff And If they and I agree i subscribe.Videogames tend To know their rock music but not So much The rap,country And Latin which on some games just sounds old..I know This IS because rock fans ARE still living At home But The other genres ARE specifically For In The background,driving Or Really dancing...same with movies i go on recommendations Or buy The c.d ..In most Big towns YOU Can get movies on c.d after They come out