Communal Papercraft Gallery

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Communal Papercraft Gallery

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Hello and welcome to the Communal Papercraft Gallery!

I was debating where I should post this. On one hand, the Galleries forum would make sense because this is a gallery of models made from paper, but these aren't origami. On the other hand, the kitchen sink is where all the non origami posts should go, but this is more related to origami than music or anime are.

Anyways, my hope is that this post will become similar to what the "What have you folded lately" thread, except for paper craft (and I suppose kirigami) instead of origami. And this post will be in the kitchen sink.

I'll start this thread off with some photos of a rat I folded. The template can be downloaded here http://www.papercraftsquare.com/animal- ... nload.html
but you'll need the software called Pepakura to view the files.

I used transparent tape instead of glue or regular tape this time, and it worked excellently. I also stuffed it with paper to give it weight and to prevent it from getting crushed as easily.

I also have some pictures of the pikmin I folded a while ago that can be found here: http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14527

I encourage all of you to try to make something. It's not that hard, and the result is honestly more realistic than an origami rat. Good luck to everybody who makes something, and please don't let me be the only one on this thread!
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Communal Papercraft Gallery

Post by origami_8 »

Nice one.
If I ever finish the paper clock that I started some time ago (but never actually work on), I'll make sure to post a picture here.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Almost a whole year later, I did another one.
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

That looks incredibly cool.
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
Splunge

Post by Splunge »

Sorry for not posting earlier in this thread. I must have overlooked your first posting. So your update a month ago was a nice reminder.
Occasionally I also do some papercraft. So far only from pre-designed templates that I downloaded and printed myself on cardboard paper (usually 200g/m²).
Luckily there is a huge selection of fantastic and free projects available on various websites (Canon Creative Park, Ninjatoes, Paper Replika... to name a few).

My papercraft projects can be found in the papercraft section on my homepage.

My personal highlight is the Violin from Hiroshi Chiba:
splunge.de - Origami, Papercraft, Scale models, Photography