Live Music

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Morgan

Live Music

Post by Morgan »

hello there... i'm sure noone realizes this, but i actually play in a band, and really enjoy creating music. the tag line about "skin going away" that was my signature was a lyric about anxiety stuff. that was made froma band i was in before i moved to washington. the band was named Xuxaxumi and you can find clips at www.myspace.com/Xuxaxumi ....and now after recording a live show or two with this other band called "The Sea Monsters" we have some samples to listen to
and you can hear them at www.myspace.com/theseamonster soon we will get to play at this event called Squidstock and here in washington, its kinda big for local bands...its a benifit show with a TON of bands playing, were very lucky to have gotten to play this :) camping and music what more could you want? oh yes... a dry tent to fold stuff to give away at the show :) of course :)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

ok i am back from squidstock, and what an amazing thing it was! but, noone ever says anything different when going to a festival full of people with the same interest as you :) so the goodness starts on the first day.. i am hungry, fold a small yoshizawa ram (hehe i just memorized this fold so i am folding it alot) and goto get some morning coffee, i talk to the coffee girl and buy a cup, and say oh! i think this is for you, and she replies " how nice! my zodilogical sign is a ram" and i told her that it must have been folded for a special reason :)

so i start back to camp...there is a burn ban in washington because of no rain in the summer..... all the food stands charge way to much ( but remember this is a benifit, so all money goes to a shelter for battered and needy people ) but i have no money after buying a coffee...so, down trodden i set off to return to camp... a beautiful girl approches me with a huge portion of biscuits and gravy and says, "we made too much, would you like some breakfast?" WOOHOO!!! food! and from a caring person who made it by hand. the food was great. so the previous night, i made a komatsu owl from really elegant paper with golden flecks in it andi taped it perched on the top of my acoustic guitar for all to admire and smile at. well of course this owl only lasted 1 minute untill i saw the girl again and gave it to her. she was happy.

on the third day, our band prepares to play ( which means taking a nap ) and the girl goes out of her way, finds our tent, and gives me a big hug before she and her friends left the festival. WOW! i was so impressed that simple origami and kindness can really shine some light into people :D :D :D what a great time that was... so remember, giving origami away is fun, and loving people is fun too, no matter how stange or unfamiliar they are. :D :D :D