Cats

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

How many cats do you have?

1-2
40%
3-4
11%
5-7
3%
8-11
No votes
12-15
No votes
16+
2%
Unfortunately none
44%

Total votes: 62

Aznman

Post by Aznman »

I am fortunant enough to own no cats!
The last pool question should be changed, "Are you fortunant enough to have no cats?"
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

:-s What do you dislike about cats, Aznman?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Al they care about is themselve (I say all of this metaphorically, of course, because cats--like all animals--have are not self aware, they do not think like humans, and they have no soul). Dogs are much more loyal, cats just wait to be fed and pet.
Flickr Photos
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

You need to meet my cats. All the tame ones are quite loyal! So they're loyal as well as only caring about themselves.

About the souls: why wouldn't a cat have a soul?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Aznman wrote:like all animals ... they have no soul
I absolutely disagree here, but I think this isn´t the place to discuss about such a religious and philosophical subject like this.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Hey, hey, hey.....Cupcake asked me, all I did was make a statement of what I believe, I was not trying to get into a debate or argument.

I will not discuss issues such as this, but I will state that it take two people to discuss something.

Also, you to made the exact say amount of comment I did. You both think that cats have a soul, I said they did not, say amount. Please do not get mad at me for doing something you did yourself.

I apoligize if this is hurting you personally, I do not intend to.
Flickr Photos
silentmagesoul

Post by silentmagesoul »

Cats are wonderful. Sometimes I think they have magical powers. Other times, I know they have magical powers. Reasons why I don't have a cat:

1. I think I'm allergic.
2. I really don't have time to take care of one.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Cats are magical! I've seen hundreds of cats from the barn in my life, and by now I know what the want to say by looking in thier eyes. :shock: It's quite wierd really
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Well, without ever looking at a ca in its eyes, I can tell what they want as well.
1. Cats want food
2. They want to be pet
3. they want to sleep.

In fact, you cannot tell what a cat thinks, you imagine what the cat thinks, and then imagine that you are thinking what you think they are thinking.

In reality, you cannot know what they are thinking because you cannot know what they are thinking, if they are thinking anything......

Just my deep philosophical thoughts...lol
Flickr Photos
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

I'm not taking sides, but isn't having a pet all about taking care of the pet? I mean, it's all about responsibilityand it's just a bonus if you have a special connection with your pet or you can read them thru their eyes. :shock:

Anyway, cats are good coz they make you work for their affection and are quite intelligent. :) The only problem is they often don't come when you call them unless there is something in it for them... :|
I think I like dogs just a little better though. :? I have a dog and I've never had a cat personally (but I feed the neighbour's cats and cat-sit a bit) and I guess it's just coz I know a lot about dogs... :wink:
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

If you think about it though, saying cats just do stuff to get stuff they want is true with humans. Someone calls you over across the room you don't go over happy trotting around to them expecting nothing from them. You want to be validated as a living feeling thing, and also you want to know what they want from you.

Just because a cat does not come when you want does not mean there is nothing in it for the creature. It just doesnt want to deal with whatever it is you want. Which is usually just to say "kit-kit-kit-kitty pet pet pet smookies nookums", and then ignore them for the rest of the time you are around them.

I think any creature, living or not, deserves some sort of consideration for what they currently want and need. Those things are not based on what "you" want or need, they just sometimes coinside with each other.

So just remember, everything is selfish if it exists. Paper is selfish. All it wants to be is paper and there is not anything you can do to convince it otherwise. I mean, it is paper. Period. You can take an initiative and force this tree into pulp, then into paper, then into an origami structure. The paper is still just paper, and that is all it wants.

People are selfish. All they want is to be heard and give their opinions on subjects. If you try to force a different "form of things" upon this creature it may not consider your existance, because people get defensive when you try to manipulate there existance to fit yours better. Your just the only person you are around more than anyone else. You just want to be you and frankly that is selfsih, but not in a bad way. Does this make any sense?

err maybe not..but heh, i like cats and they tell me more things than food, water, shelter, attention..... They tell me about life, emotions, all sorts of things. Maybe it is all in my head, but i like to think other things play a part in my unwraveling of the perceivable world.

Obviusly cats have weird energy thigns goings on. i mean have you ever seen how high cats can jump? that takes alot of force to propell an object away from such a strong force as gravity (which can be debated some other time of the existance of gravity).

One last point. You look at a cat and say "wow that cat sure does seem to be telling me things with there eyes. They sure 'seem' to show an emotion, but that cant be, cats cant do that....but it sure looks that way," or " that shadow over there looks creepy to me. i know it is just clothes but it still reminds me of creepy things". Does that mean the cat does have powers? does that mean the clothes are creepy? Well, to the observer, sure it is real.. As real as any other thought. As real as the facial expressions of anyone you talk to (which if you were to dig deeper into thought and conversation, you can see that many facial expressions are wrongly interpreted).

Its all in your mind man! EVERYTHING is all in your mind. Life is preception, and so, something to think about when trying to prove definates or something :)

i hope this edit makes this easier to read. if not let me know, and i will gladly send you a 300 page report detailing all my points in a color coded double-spaced indented and spell-checked response via a debatable email. hmmm ok because i dont want any flames in my email, please only email me if you agree with my points. :P
Last edited by Morgan on November 13th, 2006, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Now, if you had bothered to make some proper spaces and punctuation, I might have bothered to read your ramblings, but that way it's just too much trouble to read it :P
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

:shock: Wow. I somehow managed to read all that :lol:
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

heh...sorry :) basically it says cats aren't stupid just because they do not submit to humans wills. and i think about stuff too deeply sometimes :) annnnnnnnd..... it does too have punctuation, it was just improperly used.
origami93

Post by origami93 »

I agree with Aznman. cats are selfish little punks. THEY HAVE NO SOUL!