Sweaty palms

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
adoptabook

Sweaty palms

Post by adoptabook »

Hi,

I have problems with sweaty palms. It reduces my accuracy when folding the paper. Does sweat from your palms make the paper (for Origami) bigger?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

it kinda depends on the paper....if you add water to paper though...generally the fibers seperate and become bigger, unfortunaly not in proportional ways. however you can use this to your advantage by oberseving the reactions of your sweat with the paper and certain key points, and manipulate the paper like wet folding or sculpting. uhmm ok i digress, i think swweaty palms "could" cause errors in paper proportion, but realistically not much. unless you wipe your hand over the paper repeatedly throughout the folding process. the more sweat you put on the paper, the less time you let it evaporate, the more likely the fibers will seperate. opinion only...so here is a grain of salt for you.
silentmagesoul

Post by silentmagesoul »

I like the idea of using liquid (not necessarily sweat) to creating interesting patterns in paper. One might be able to make interesting ripple effects or make a part sink in or out slightly. I might try to implement this and put some pictures up on this thread (if I ever get around to it).
AquaDragon

Post by AquaDragon »

Yes, when paper gets wet by anything, the paper expands and rips easier.